43: Saying Goodbye

It had been about a month since (Y/N) had gotten home, and she swore if she had to eat apple and raisin cereal ever again she'd throw up; but her father had known about the engagement in advance.
''A little bird may have told me something,'' he said, his eyes glittering, ''or should I say...a little wolf?''
Isabel had pre-warned her father so he didn't freak out about it; and apparently they'd been in correspondence for a while.
But today was (Y/N)'s last day at home, and watching her father and Draco attempt to get all of her stuff up to their new home was actually hilarious to watch.
''I'm sure Amorita can be carried, master Malfoy, she really doesn't like her crate--''
''That thing tries to kill me at every opening!''
''How would you like to be put into a carrier, pulled away from the person you—''
''Fine! (Y/N) can carry her!''
Her father smiled, and eventually, Draco smiled back; they'd become friends eventually, (Y/N) was sure.
After all, her father had the same stupid sense of humour as Isabel, and he coped with her.
(Y/N) stood up to help a few times, but she was told to sit back down by Isabel more than once; ''these kind soldiers have offered to do all of the heavy lifting for you, chica, just let them do it!''
(Y/N) knew this was just because they were all trying to keep the new house a surprise from her, as Isabel had been helping too, despite her 'let them do the heavy lifting' comments.
And apparently Isabel had learnt to Apparate at some point, which was new.
The only thing (Y/N) ever left the house for was to head down to Trixie's Boutique thing, where she'd taken to professionally making dresses; and had kindly offered to make everything for the wedding, as (Y/N) couldn't find anything ready-made that felt...right.
She truly felt like a spoilt princess...
~
It took about a week to have all of (Y/N)'s things moved, and she still had a little left as hand luggage and, well, Amorita.
''Right, are you sure that's everything, Mr. Silverlie?''
''Absolutely, Draco, absolutely,'' he smiled, ''but I can send things that have been left. Don't think I'm cutting her out of my life now she's with you, dear.''
(Y/N) laughed lightly; ''goodbye, father. See you...well, next week.''
''Goodbye, my little (Y/N),'' he replied, tearing up a little, ''I miss you already.''
Draco then wrapped his arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder, and they were gone; they'd apparated together to their new home.
'Wow...that's strange to think of,' (Y/N) thought to herself, 'I wonder if my eleven year old self would believe me if I told her I wasn't just dating Draco Malfoy, but engaged to him? She'd probably cry...' (Y/N)'s eyes were closed as she laughed softly to herself, so it took her a moment to actually see her new home.
But when she did, she gasped; it was even bigger than the manor she'd grown up in.
A pool that looked more like a lake from a fairy tale was just beyond the deck area they stood on, with tiny waterfalls and all.
There were trees for miles around, making the house feel secluded and...well, magical.
''Who did you say gave us this wonderful place, Draco?'' (Y/N) asked breathlessly.
''My mother and your father,'' he replied, ''they paid half each. Apparently they'd actually had their eye on it for us for years...''
(Y/N) sighed, ''Father's pretty great at Legilimancy, he's been reading my mind since I was born,'' she laughed, ''and I suppose he told your mother all about how I felt for you from day one.''
Draco rolled his eyes playfully; ''very strange man, your father. Anyway, shall we—''
''Yes!''Laughing at her excitement, Draco took (Y/N)'s hand and led her inside; all of (Y/N)'s very thumbed novels sat in ornate white bookshelves in the lounge (an upgrade from the box they used to be shoved in, most definitely), with the copy of Heidi turned ring box on a stand on the middle bookshelf, sitting proudly there.
A teeny frame stood on one of the shelves, too, with what looked like a wrapper with a scribbled, hasty message on it...
''Isabel wouldn't shut up until we put some memory of her in this house...'' Draco confessed, ''so that's staying there.''
(Y/N) laughed again; Isabel was honestly such a weird girl.
She loved her so much.
Suddenly, and from nowhere, Wisp appeared; ''I spilt rose oil on the curtain, and now Amorita won't leave, please help—''
Her eyes lit up, ''Mistress (Y/N)!''
''Hi, Wisp; wait, where did you spill—''
She gestured for Draco and (Y/N) to follow her upstairs; she opened one of the many beautiful doors, and inside was a white and red themed room, with flowers and lacy bedsheets...And the air smelt of rose oil, lulling the Kneazle on the pillow to sleep.Wisp fiddled with the hem of her dress, expecting (Y/N) to be angry, but...
''It's beautiful, Wisp, the rose oil just adds to it.''
Wisp's face lit up, ''I only helped get it all together, though, Miss Deimos and D-Draco did the most part of it...I should have done more...'' she replied, modestly.
Wisp seemed to forget she was a free elf sometimes.
(Y/N)'s eyes fell on the wedding invitations; ''have you started on those yet, Dray?''
''Yeah, I just...well, I invited my friends, and my mum, but I didn't want to invite anyone for you without your input.''
(Y/N) looked through the names already written (duly noting that Draco had already invited Isabel), and began to write on some of the other ones.''Did you ever catch Anneliese's surname?'' (Y/N) asked.''Bloomcolt,'' he replied, ''at least, that's what Isabel said.''
''Anneliese Bloomcolt,'' (Y/N) muttered as she wrote, ''Luna Lovegood...Hermione Granger...most of the Weasleys, I suppose...Harry Potter...''
She paused for a second, ''do you mind if I invite Opal? I know you two weren't on the...ahem...best terms.''
''As long as she doesn't attempt murder again, then yes,'' Draco responded, ''these are people you care about, after all. Even if they are Dolores Umbridge's niece.''
''Okay then!''
The guest list was soon rather extensive; but her hand faltered a little as she got to the last few.
Suddenly, all the people she'd lost came to mind; Jessika, and Fred Weasley, and Marinette...She shook her head, making the thought go away.
Instead, she asked, ''can you invite elves to weddings, Dray?''
''I...suppose you can?'' he replied, confused.Wisp's eyes lit up as she wrote 'Wisp Silverlie' on the last invitation.
''Is that all of them, babe?'' Draco asked from the next room as he folded the clothes to put them away.
''Yep, that's it!'' (Y/N) replied, trying to stop Wisp from running off and doing all of the folding.
He put the rest of the clothes down, instead walking over to pull (Y/N) back into a hug; she lost grip of Wisp's hand, and she ran off to do the folding.
''Hey,'' (Y/N) exclaimed, now struggling to stay on her feet, ''I'm too tired for messing around, Dray—''
He let her fall back onto the soft bed, and before she even had a moment to get properly back into her sitting position, he pressed a kiss onto her lips.
It quickly became more and more passionate, with (Y/N) eventually grabbing Draco by the waist and forcing him to fall back onto her.
The kiss was broken, and although she was bright magenta now, (Y/N) smirked. ''Too tired, are you?'' Draco asked, smirking back.
(Y/N) pretended she didn't think of the same thing when she pulled him into this position; ''I'm not quite sure I get what you mean, sweetheart.''
He rolled his eyes, sighing as he leaned in for another kiss.
''I love you so much,'' he mumbled as he pulled away, ''you adorable little temptress.''
''I love you too, but do get your mind out of the gutter.'' She winked, showing that she was far from really mad at him.
They fell asleep not long after, using each other for warmth and as pillows; and they stayed like that all night, relishing in the fact they were finally living together.
And that this was how it was always going to be from now on.
Forever and ever...