45: Forever Entwined

Luna adjusted one of the tiny star shaped clips in (Y/N)'s hair.
Trixie perfected little things that had gotten messed up a littld in the trip.
And (Y/N) stood in silence, trying desperately not to shake with nerves.
''Excuse me, Maid of Honour coming through,'' Isabel announced, ''Right, Draco's here now—''
''He's here now?! Oh Merlin, uh—''
She began to panic a little, realising that it wouldn't be long until she had to walk through those doors and into the room full of people...
Luna took one of her hands, and Isabel took the other.
''Calm down, chica.''
''It's going to be fine...''
Both girls said everything they could think of to calm (Y/N) down.
''C'mon, darlin','' said Anneliese, ''steady your breathing now.''
''You can't get any more prepared.'' Hermione added.
Ginny nodded in agreement.
The door opened again; (Y/N)'s father had arrived.
''Hello, everyone,'' he said, ''Sorry, Ms. Bloomcolt just had such interesting things to say...''
He smiled, a little breathless, but took his place next to his daughter.
He felt a little awkward himself; the bride's mother was supposed to walk down the aisle first, but that was a little...well, impossible, now.
Footsteps outside signalled that Draco and Blaise (who he'd chosen as his Best Man) were already out there.
''We're supposed to be in front of Isabel, Luna, not behind—'' said Hermione, a little stressed herself now, but they managed to get in position in time.
Luna, Anneliese, Hermione, Trixie, Opal and Ginny emerged out into the hall, looking beautiful in their pastel purple dresses...
And then Isabel walked out, making a point of smiling at (Y/N) for as long as she could before having to look ahead.
Then, Opal's younger cousin Scout skipped down the aisle, throwing flower petals, closely followed by her brother Sheldon, who'd been chosen as the ring bearer.
(Y/N) heard 'aww's from everyone about the two little ones.
But then they stopped, signalling that the rings had been handed over to Blaise.''It's time, sweetheart,'' (Y/N)'s father whispered, ''shall we?''
(Y/N) inhaled, trying to get the butterflies in her stomach to calm down before she breathed, ''Yes.''
(Y/N) could hardly see through her veil as she walked up the aisle, but she made sure her eyes were focused on where she was definite Draco was.
He couldn't help himself from crying a little as he looked at her; she looked absolutely beautiful.
How in the world he managed to deserve her hand in marriage was still a mystery to him.
He tried to wipe his tears away as best as he could when she got closer, but he could only cry more; it was like seeing an angel walking the Earth.
No; she was an angel walking the Earth.
Her father turned to her as she climbed the steps, kissing her veiled forehead gently before going to sit next to his mother.
''Dearest friends and family,'' the pastor began, ''we are here today to celebrate the union of Draco Malfoy and (Y/N) Silverlie.''
He couldn't see (Y/N)'s expression under her veil, but he'd known her long enough to tell that she was crying a bit underneath it; and she could probably tell that he was, too.
This was the moment; the once silly little pipe dream of an imaginative little girl had come true.
She was standing here with him, moments from being his wife.
If this was a dream, she'd kill whoever woke her up...
The time came for their vows.
''My dear Draco,'' (Y/N) said, ''you were the most annoying boy I'd ever met for so many years. I honestly never thought you'd ever call me anything but 'furball',''
Isabel and Blaise laughed a little, along with everyone else.
''But I kept trying. You are, and always have been, the only person I truly love; and I'd rather die than spend a day away from you. There are no words in the English language powerful enough to explain the feeling I get when I hear your name, see your face, listen to your laugh...I love you with every fibre of myself that does, has and will come to exist. You're my infinity, Draco Malfoy; I love you.''
Draco smiled, crying even more; a few of the guests were crying now, too.
''(Y/N), you're a very strange girl. And I'll admit it; that's why I was scared to treat you the way I desperately wanted to. Because truly kind, sweet beings like you are even rarer than the ones you like to read about; it broke my heart to see you cry, especially as I knew I'd done it to you most of the time. Comforting you on the Yule Ball night is something I'll never regret. You're truly the most beautiful thing in existence; you're a shimmering star amongst planets, still managing to be the one with the strongest shine, even if others keep on trying to crush you. I've loved you from the moment I saw you, and I wish I had tried to make friends with you from day one. I love you more than anything, and nothing will ever change that, no matter how hard it may try. You're my shimmering silver star...and I love you more with every beat of my heart.''
Tears were running down (Y/N)'s face now, ruining her makeup; but she didn't care.
She couldn't stop smiling; this was the most blissful moment of her entire life...
Draco and (Y/N) were so focused on each other that they didn't even notice Blaise and Isabel move to walk up to the altar with the rings.
''Draco Malfoy,'' came the pastor's voice again, ''do you promise to protect and love this woman through sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?''
Draco didn't hesitate in responding, his eyes full of tears as he smiled,''I do.''
''(Y/N) Silverlie,'' the pastor continued, ''do you promise to protect and love this man through sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?''
There was only one answer to that.
(Y/N) smiled, the tears running down her face.
''I do.''
(Y/N) took Draco's hand, slipping the ring onto his finger; and she did the same for him.
The moment was so perfect that they didn't even hear Isabel fall over her dress on the way back to her seat.
''I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.''
Neither party hesitated; the kiss was like something out of a movie, and in that moment, nothing else could be felt or heard by (Y/N) and Draco.
It was truly a perfect moment...
~
''Well, I'm coming home alone for the hundredth time or so,
It gets harder on my hard earned money's dime
To the bottle in my basket, will it answer if I ask it:
Am I doing right or am I doing time?'' Country music had never really been (Y/N)'s thing, but sweet Merlin was Morgan Pearle good.
Trixie hadn't mentioned it, but she was engaged to the fiery redheaded boy, and he'd kindly offered to be the musician for the after party in (Y/N) and Draco's manor after he heard how much (Y/N) meant to her and Opal.
Isabel showed off her dancing skills yet again, dancing around like she did at the Yule Ball with Ben Amalthea (who had been invited to the after party, but not the wedding).
Even (Y/N) tried to dance, with her far more experienced father; it was a supposed to be a symbolic thing, really, but it didn't really go the way they expected it to.
(Y/N) almost twisted her ankle, and her father ended up with bruises on his feet, but it was a laugh.
''Don't let her get too tired over there, Draco,'' said Anneliese, who was currently standing next to him, drinking her pumpkin juice (she was one of the very few people in the room who couldn't drink alcohol yet), ''it's gon' be a long night for both of y'all.''
It took Draco a second to work out what she meant, but as soon as it clicked, he went red.
Anneliese winked, her attention going back to Morgan, who was singing something else now.
''We've been married five minutes, Isabel,'' Draco overheard (Y/N) saying, ''and you know how I feel about my motherly abilities!''
Isabel sighed, and then walked over to Draco and Anneliese; the night was beginning to come to an end, so she had a feeling it was high time for her to do her Maid of Honour's speech.
''I think I should do it now, I guess,'' she mused, climbing onto one of the tables,''Hey! Everyone, you have to listen to me for a minute, okay?''
Her voice echoed off of the walls, and all eyes were on her.
''Hello, friends, family, people I've...never met...'' she began, ''as I'm sure most of you know, my name is Isabel Deimos, and (Y/N) is the awkward little witch I've called my best friend since I was thirteen. She's strange, sure; she carries a Kneazle everywhere and spent forever doing nothing but talking about how much she loves Draco like some soppy little schoolgirl, but that's what she was!''
Laughs erupted.
''But that girl isn't here anymore; the girl who hid behind sarcastic remarks, books and fluffy pet fur is no more. The tearful, emotional rollercoaster that was (Y/N) Silverlie has left us; and while she was fun, the (Y/N) Malfoy who stands amongst our number now is far better. She's been the helping hand I needed, and even if I do joke a little too much and am, well, a little insensitive sometimes, she stuck by me. And Draco is lucky to have her, because he came within a hair of his life every time he spoke ill of her near me; because werewolves are fiercely protective of their pack, and, well, I wasn't about to lose her to some prissy, Pureblooded loser.
But even Draco changed,''
She looked him in the eyes now.
''And I'm confident to say he deserves the title of her husband, and as the honorary leader of Isabel's Friendship Club! Come on, everyone, raise your glasses!
To (Y/N) and Draco!''
Every glass in the room was raised, and then Isabel jumped from the table, one arm around Draco and the other around (Y/N).
Her tone fell to a whisper; ''people are beginning to file out now; you planning to go home and make me some Godchildren, eh?''
''Isabel!''
But she was partially right; everyone was beginning to file out, many of them talking about Isabel's speech.
She was rather proud of that; but she saluted, and ran off, soon amongst the group of leaving people.
(Y/N) was currently eating her third piece of wedding cake, her eyes lighting up when she realised that she'd get to keep a lot of what was left too, with everyone leaving.
''Well, should we make a move too?'' Draco asked.
''Maybe,'' (Y/N) replied, ''but I want to finish my cake first.''
Draco rolled his eyes, laughing, ''if you must.''
After Draco caved in and had a piece of cake himself too, they decided it was time to leave.
So he put his arms around her, holding her close as if he might lose her if he didn't...
And they apparated home.