27: Swish and Flick

(A/N: It's 1:10 A.M. now and I've been listening to Read U Wrote U on repeat while editing this--

I make good life decisions, I swear--)

The time had come for (Y/N) to attend Harry's DA class; after dragging Isabel out of bed (she'd overslept yet again) and promising Amorita that she'd be back, they set out across the corridor to their destination. 

Draco had already been taken care of; Isabel had said that she'd said (Y/N) was "studying with her" that day.

They arrived a little late, but it wasn't unusual for them to be late to things, so it was brushed over, but (Y/N) couldn't help but notice Hermione giving Isabel the odd...scrutinizing look.

She tried to ignore it, as the lesson had started.

And it was honestly one of the best ones (Y/N) had ever gone to; as were the ones that came after that.

She actually learnt how to properly protect herself from "what was out there", and Harry made sure to teach the spells that would actually be useful in a real battle.

Small duels were even allowed, and, as usual, Isabel completely destroyed (Y/N), as Charms and such were always her stronger suit.

Harry's classes had become the light of (Y/N)'s reserved little life; she finally felt like she was part of something bigger.

She met people she'd never spoken to before, and the only one she could really remember by name was Luna Lovegood, who had an endless amount of interesting things to say; (Y/N) was more than a little drawn to her, as she too tended to believe in...well, the most likely make-believe far more often than she should.

Isabel had made a friend, too; a girl in Gryffindor whose name (Y/N) didn't hear.

(Y/N) left most meetings with Luna now, as Isabel was often "busy".

''Perhaps the Nargles took all of her jumpers away,'' mused Luna, as (Y/N) had reached the subject of Isabel stealing her jumpers, ''Here, take this, it keeps them away...''

Without hesitation, Luna hung a Butterbeer cork on a string around (Y/N)'s neck, her usual dreamy expression in her eyes. 

''Ooh, is this a charm too?'' said Luna, her tone lilting a little with interest. 

''Huh? Oh, yeah,'' replied (Y/N), ''Protection charm. Not too sure what it does, yet, though.'' ''How wonderful.'' she breathed, finally letting the charm go. 

''I suppose it is...'' (Y/N) mumbled back; she was sure Luna's dreamlike presence was having an effect on her.

~

''On another little trip with Potter, were you, (Y/N)?''

Draco's voice cut through the cool air of the common room, his suspicion showing very clearly.

''No, actually,'' (Y/N) replied, ''I happen to have made a new friend, and I was with her this evening.''

Draco went to say she was lying, but then he saw the Butterbeer cork necklace around her neck and sighed.

''Don't tell me you're hanging around with stupid Loony Lovegood now too.''

(Y/N) sighed back, ''you have no right to judge my friends, Dray.''

''But they're all...well, weird.''

Not wanting to argue, (Y/N) sat beside the blonde and pressed a kiss to his forehead to shut him up. 

''Merlin, if you weren't so bloody perfect, I swear...''

He sighed as he leaned in to kiss (Y/N), and the two spent a good five minutes making out on the common room sofa.