20: My Favourite Gift

(A/N: This refused to post for some reason; I think I'm updating too often or something ahahaha)

(Y/N) was woken up by her father's owl deciding it would be a great idea to drop her letter and start hissing.

''Shut up, Mercure, I'm trying to—'' 

Childish excitement filled her body as she realised what day it was.

''Actually, thank you!''

The letter was little more than a simple ''Merry Christmas'', but it had gotten her out of bed before two in the afternoon, which was exemplary for her. After slipping on some warm clothes and her fluffy slippers, she peered out to see if anyone else was awake yet; apparently not. 

She was overjoyed to find a jumper with her first initial from Mrs Weasley in one package; her last one was beginning to get far too small, as well as the one she 'borrowed' from Ron.

Isabel, Hermione and Harry had given her so many types of sweets altogether that they'd probably last until next Christmas. 

A crudely drawn card, obviously made in haste, lay on the top of the pile; (Y/N) never read it, as the sender was so obviously Pansy.

Feeling extremely spoiled now, (Y/N) lay back on the sofa, her new jumper ever so comfortable...It was so peaceful here, she could easily just fall asleep again...

Gentle fingers tugged ever so slightly at her unbrushed hair.

''It's Christmas, (Y/N), you can't just go back to sleep.''

Her eyes flickered open again, and a smile arched over her face.

''Hello, you.''

She sat up again, stretching a bit, and stayed silent; she'd lost herself in those eyes. She couldn't stop smiling. 

''Nice jumper you've got there, (Y/N),'' Draco teased, ''All you need now is ginger hair.'' 

(Y/N) pushed him playfully, ''Oh, piss off! It's nice. And you'd get all jealous if you saw me wearing Ron's jumper again.'' 

Draco couldn't argue; seeing her in that awful thing had been bad enough, but knowing it belonged to the guy who could have stolen her away...

''Oh, shut up, (Y/N)!''

She smirked, obviously being a huge tease; 

''Make me.''

Her smirk was immediately mirrored.

A slightly-less-than-gentle kiss was planted on her lips, and Draco practically fell on top of her from failing to lean on the arm of the sofa.

''No PDA in the common room!''

Isabel had suddenly appeared in the corner, her hands full of letters as usual, smirking from ear to ear. The awkward new-couple went pink and moved away from each other, but that didn't change anything. Isabel's playful nature had spotted romance, and she was most definitely not going to ignore it.

''So, guys, when did you start fu—''

''Isabel!''

''Fine. It was last night, though, wasn't it? Do tell.''

''Maybe.''

(Y/N) tried to move away, but the blonde was practically in her lap now, her eyes glittering. (Y/N) was rather shy about mentioning it, but Draco didn't appear to be.

''Yes, last night. You could call it an early Christmas present, I suppose.''

Isabel's smirk widened.''So, when do I get to be a Godmother?''