17: Flames and Fury

The day started as they always did; (Y/N) would wake up to Isabel slamming her fists on the door, as she always got up a bit earlier in order to mess with Pansy, and then (Y/N) would abandon her slippers, knowing Amorita would probably eat them, running out in untidy robes... 

Gazing sadly at the spot that she used to sit...

(Y/N) shook her head rapidly, and as soon as it was back in its normal position, toast was rammed in her mouth. ''You majorly overslept today, Sleepy-lie,'' Isabel chided jokingly, ''So you don't get any fancy jam.'' (Y/N) sighed, feeling lighter next to Isabel, who was now squinting at a planner of sorts. Her face lit up. ''We have Defence against the Dark Arts with that new teacher, (Y/N)! I've heard such 'great' things...'' 

Seconds later, she had (Y/N) by the wrist and was dragging her like a strange dog through the corridor, accidentally-on-purpose hitting her into people as she went. She was just as abruptly half-thrown onto a chair next to Isabel, whose eyes were sparkling like a child who'd just been given a pony. But (Y/N)'s were anything but glittering; she was rather scared, actually.And she felt her heart stop as the chalk touched the whiteboard. This guy was giving her bad vibes...

''I'm here because Dumbledore asked me,'' he half-barked, ''End of story. Goodbye! The end! Any questions?'' 

(Y/N)'s eyes flitted over to both sides of her; neither student wanted to ask a question, but Isabel still looked like some sort of crazed fangirl. The silence was deafening.It was also seemingly neverending.

''When it comes to Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach,'' started Moody, ''which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?''

(Y/N)'s mind immediately went to her mother. There were three .And her mother had used all of them...

''Three, sir.'' Said Hermione, breaking the silence.

''And they are so named?''

 ''Because they're...'' she paused, ''Unforgivable.''

Hermione received a curt nod in response; and then the spider was brought out.

''Engorgio.''

The spider grew to two or three, perhaps even four, times its original size; and then came the first curse.

''Imperio!''

The spider was thrown around the room, much to the amusement of Draco; initially, at least. ''What're you laughing at?'' Exclaimed Moody, making the spider climb all over Draco's face. He began to scream like... 'No, I think Pansy could scream more than that.' Thought (Y/N) to herself, being careful to avoid looking too far away with the fairies, as to not have the spider thrown onto her face, too. She was rather sure that she'd be terrified if she had something like that thrown on her face. ''Merlin, I'd laugh so hard if you weren't here to slap me about ridiculing your husband, (Y/N).'' 

(Y/N) tapped her gently anyway, blushing through her smiles. They were soon back up at the desk, as was everyone else, and the silence soon fell again.Only to be replaced by the helpless screams of a spider being tortured.

The Cruciatus curse.

Neville Longbottom looked as if he might faint, or vomit, or perhaps both; it was painful to watch how obviously upset he was by the whole thing. (Y/N) was sure she'd heard his parents were under the curse, and her heart truly went out to him; Isabel went to say something, but Hermione got there first. 

''Stop it! Can't you see that it's bothering him?! Stop it!''

The curse was stopped, and the bug was placed on Hermione's desk. Her expression was unreadable from where (Y/N) was sitting.