19: Hello, I Love You

(Y/N) almost had another meltdown as she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress her father had chosen for her was beautiful (he truly did have amazing taste), but she felt unworthy; this dress and her efforts to look pretty for once wouldn't be seen by anyone but Mathieu. 

Well, and a certain possible werewolf.

''Merlin's beard, who're you and what have you done with (Y/N) Silverlie?''

(Y/N) laughed this off; Isabel looked much better than she did.

''Go and have a nice night, Isabel. I expect Ben's there already.''

''I am, I am!'' 

She swirled out of the room like a fairy, her mind caught up in excitement about the event...Mathieu turned out to be, well, rather boring; compared to what his tearful but fierce sister had been.

 But the worst thing was that just looking at him made (Y/N) want to cry.

 She'd taken his sister from him...

The two weren't together long before he split off with a lonely little Hufflepuff, as he said (Y/N) was ''still razzer 'urt by 'is presence'' , even though she knew this was just because the girl was less, well, emotionally broken at that moment.So (Y/N) sat alone, watching the dancers;  first the champions, and then everyone else. Hermione looked like an absolute angel beside Viktor Krum; it was like watching the music box she had as a young child. She sighed, watching Isabel and Ben run off to dance together.

This event was far from momentous for her. Eventually, Ron and Harry slunk over, obviously feeling rather downtrodden too. Ron did a double take upon seeing (Y/N) sitting alone.

''I thought some strange Beauxbatons guy—''

''Went off with Keala Small from Hufflepuff.''

''You can never trust the French kids. Always so fli—''

(Y/N) had thrown her arms around her ginger friend, now sobbing and holding on as if she'd die otherwise. His date wasn't too pleased. ''I made a huge mistake, Ron!'' She exclaimed, choking on her tears. ''I...I had every opportunity to ask Draco, but I'm just a big wuss! God, I don't deserve to even be—''

''Shh, (Y/N). He doesn't deserve you anyway.''

She removed her face from his rather strange robes, her makeup now streaming down her face, making her look terrible. But it was only worsened when she looked out across the hall and saw them.

Draco and Pansy.

Dancing like life couldn't be any better.

''You can rot in hell, Parkinson!'' (Y/N) sobbed, her face again buried in the strange material of Ron's robes, ''No, I should rot in hell, I should—'' Isabel passed quickly, wand quickly flashing over (Y/N)'s face; her makeup was perfect again. But the tears weren't gone.

''(Y/N), you're staining my robes—''

''I'm so sorry—''

She practically screeched out her feelings then and there. Harry and Ron could do little more but look upon her descent into absolute madness for a few seconds before giving both boys a hug and announcing, ''I'm...going to go and sit in the common room...''

She tripped over almost immediately, making her cry even more, and Ron doubted she'd even get to the commons without breaking something. ''Merlin, she's worse than Hermione sometimes,'' mumbled Ron, ''Getting into that kind of state over Malfoy; bloody hell...''

Isabel made a point of standing on Draco's foot as she walked past; it alerted him to the girl currently running up the stairs, practically howling with tears as she tripped over almost every step. There was a rush of footsteps, and suddenly, a rather aggressive ginger had approached Pansy and himself. ''Don't you dare just stand there and ignore her,'' Ron hissed darkly, ''you saw her crying, and I think you know well why that was. She's in an absolute state over you.'' It was difficult to even come up with a snarky response to that. He'd just assumed she was crying because her date had left, or because of Pansy's frankly disgusting dress robes...