31: A Mother's Love

(A/N: I was listening to Trixie Mattel's album 'Two Birds' while editing this and oops I'm crying for completely un-story related reasons now

GOD 'I Know You All Over Again' is beautiful--)

It was about two weeks into the holiday now, and (Y/N) had spent those weeks with a cousin up in Ireland; but when she got home, something was off.

Never had (Y/N) found her house empty without a reason.

Never before had she found Wisp in such a state.

But then again, that ghastly scroll, bearing that awful mark, had never been hanging in her house before that day, either.

''(Y/N)! My (Y/N), I mean—Silverlie!'' exclaimed Wisp, wincing as if just speaking was causing her pain.

''Where's father, Wisp?'' (Y/N) asked, worry in her eyes. 

Wisp began to cry.

''Gone, miss. Your mother made him run. Miss Deimos says she has him safe, but I don't trust her...she's a we-we-were—''

''Isabel is my best friend, Wisp, you must trust her. Now, what was that you said about mother?''

Wisp shuddered, crying her little eyes out, ''She just left. You shouldn't be here, let me—'

''No, Wisp. You're my friend, and I refuse to leave you. Was she here with anyone? Or was she alone?''

Wisp shook her head, ''She was alone this time, but she...she likes to bring Mrs Lestrange here. Sometimes Mrs Malfoy as well...''

That first name solidified (Y/N)'s terrifying growing idea; she'd been wondering subconsciously about whether her mother had escaped Azkaban in the huge breakout a few months ago, but she never for one moment thought she was correct...

''It was me who was writing to Hogwarts to say you had to stay for all of the holidays, and I wrote to your cousin saying you'd love to stay, Miss, your mother w-wanted you home...'' 

Wisp admitted, tears soaking her face, ''I managed to sneak out a few times to see Dobby, he told me you were a part of Harry Potter's club, and I was so proud of you! But...um...'' she gestured to the scroll with her bruised hand that was covered in dried blood, ''your mother wants...''

''Wisp, we're leaving, right now.'' (Y/N) exclaimed, running upstairs to get some things.

''No, (Y/N), it's too late, she'll be back—'' (Y/N) completely froze as she heard the door open, and as she turned her head, she saw exactly the person she feared.

Her mother.

''Oh, hello, (Y/N) darling! Long-time no see, eh?'' 

Her sweet tone was painful to listen to. 

''I suppose it has been, mother.'' (Y/N) spat back.

''Come, come, let us catch up on things.'' She gestured with her arm, and her long, ruffled sleeve fell to reveal the soft flesh of her arm.

And there, just as (Y/N) had feared, was the Dark Mark.

''How long,'' (Y/N) breathed, her tone extremely foreboding, even scary, ''Have you had that?''

Her mother smiled proudly, ''Why, ever since last time of course,'' he smile turned to a smirk, ''But only Miss Hornsby-Umbridge ever got to see it. And she went and locked me away before I was able to make sure you wanted one too.'' 

(Y/N) stepped back a little, her hand hovering over her bedroom doorknob. 

''Don't run, (Y/N),'' she said, her tone still sickly sweet, ''There's no-one waiting for you beyond this house; because I'm sure Harry Potter won't want to be anywhere near you after this he finds out you're my daughter!''