Chapter 5

Kayla's POV

They got on their bus and drove away. I sighed and fell against the wall. Ross Lynch just wished me happy birthday. And he hugged me. OMG! ROSS LYNCH JUST WISHED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GAVE ME A HUG! Oh my gosh! I looked at Joann and she had this stupid small grin on her face.

" I JUST GAVE ROCKY LYNCH MY NUMBER!" We screamed and jumped up and down. I gave her the biggest hug ever.

"This is the best birthday present ever! Thank you so much! I love you!!" We walked to the car and sat down. Joann's phone buzzed and she quickly picked it up.

" He just texted me!" she gasped.

" Read what it says!" I yelled.

" OK calm down. He said... hey what's up?!" We screamed again. She texted back. It took a couple minutes but he answered back. They kept texting.

Rocky: ross REALLY wants your sisters number can you please send it to me so he'll leave me alone?

Joann showed me her phone

"He-he wants MY number?" I almost fainted with excitement. Joann sent it to him and turned the car on. She got on the freeway when my phone beeped.

Ross: Hey Kayla :)

Me: hey :)

Ross: What are you doing?

Me: Texting you.

Ross: Haha. Very funny. :( Seriously, though.

Me: I'm sitting in a car. Going home. Texting you.

Ross: Oh.

Me: What are you doing?

Ross: Sitting in a bus. To Ohio. Texting you.

Me: Wow. That's cool.

Ross: Not really. Sleeping on a bus is not fun.

Me: Awww. Is little Ross complaining? :)

Ross: No!

Ross: How old are you?

Me: I'll be 18 tomorrow.

Ross: I'll be 19 in December.

Me: Yeah. I know. The 29th.

Me:That sounds like a stalker.

Ross: Yeah. Kinda. But it shows you're a true fan. :)

I was so tired I fell asleep and forgot to text Ross back. When I woke up, we were home and I saw my dad was standing at the door with an angry look on his face.

"Where were you?" I looked at the ground.

"We were at a concert." Joann looked my father right in the eyes. I glared at her. She just got me a one-way ticket to getting in MAJOR trouble.

"You lied to me? Kayla, you are not allowed to go anywhere anymore." I looked at him.

"That's not fair!"

"Why did you lie about it?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go." He looked at me with triumph.

"Exactly. Now go inside." I sulked and headed towards the door.

"Daddy, it was my fault. I bought the tickets for her birthday and she really loves this band so it's my fault, not hers."

Something rung in my head.

"My birthday. MY BIRTHDAY!! I will be 18 tomorrow so you can't control me. I can go anywhere I want tomorrow because I am in control of my life tomorrow. Not you." It was my turn to have a look of triumph. My dad looked shocked but then with a look I couldn't describe.

"If you're on your own, you can go find somewhere to stay. But not with me. In my house, you listen to my rules. If you don't, you need to leave." I glared at him but then I realized what he said.

"You're kicking me out?" I asked with fear. He nodded and closed the door. I sat on the porch and cried. 

Damn me and my big mouth!

"I have nowhere to stay. I'm going to be homeless!" I wailed.

"Kayla. I'm still here." I looked up to see my sister. "You can stay with me."

"Really?" I asked.

"Duh.. go get your stuff."

I opened the door and ran to my room to get my stuff. I packed two suitcases and threw them in Joann's car.

We got in the car and I saw my dad look out the window at me. I shook my head and looked away. My phone beeped and I took it out of my pocket.

Ross: Hello?

Me: Hey, sorry I fell asleep. Can I talk to you later?

Ross: Sure, but what's wrong?

Me: Umm.. I actually just got kicked out of my house...for sneaking out and going to the concert.

Ross: Kicked out?!? Are you okay?

Me: I'm fine, I'm on my way to Joann's house. I'm just shocked. I can't believe my dad would do that to me. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my brothers.

Ross: That sucks :(

Me: Yeah. But it's okay. I was going to leave anyway for college in a couple months. I just thought I had more time.

Ross: I'm giving you a hug through the screen :)

Me: Thanks. I appreciate it. I gotta go talk to you later. Good Night :)

Ross: No problem. Good Night Kayla :)

Under the circumstances, things were starting to look up. A lot.