Chapter 30

Ross' POV

She burst into my door and told me that we had to talk. I couldn't believe it, she was actually here.

Kayla: Ross. Can you please look at me.

I didn't get up from my position, nor did I look at her. She waited, but I didn't budge. She continued to talk.

Kayla: I left my number on your table *smiles*

I didn't respond.

Kayla: Look, you have no reason to be mad at me. And do you know why? Because, I didn't cheat on you. I'm actually really disappointed in you. Why would you think I would ever cheat on you? You were literally my first love and kiss. Really Ross? I'm done here. Obviously you can't be man enough to look your girlfriend in the face when she's talking to you.

Me: Girlfriend?

Kayla: You know what? You're right. You are nothing to me anymore. Bye.

She got up and left. I yelled, "Can you close the door?!" She didn't. In an instant, I heard the front door slam. She was gone. I couldn't look at her, mainly because I just couldn't show her my weakness. I loved her, but I couldn't show her. I got up and grabbed my guitar, and continued the song I was writing for her. I made two copies of Heart Made Up On You, just in case something happened (which it did).

The entire night I spent writing the song, but I only managed to write 13 more lines.

The next morning, I wake up and make some cereal. I sit down at the table and see Kayla's number on the table. Oh my goodness, she left her number here! I was afraid I could never see her again, but since she left her number, I called her.

Kayla: Hello?

Me: Kayla? Before you say anything, I'm extremley sorry for the way I've been acting. I just love you so much, and when I heard that another man kissed you, I nearly broke. Look, can you come over, so I can make it up to you?

Kayla: *says nothing*

Me: Kayla?

Kayla: Fine. I'll be over in an hour.

She hung up. I quickly ran to my room and started cleaning. About an hour and a half later, she knocked on the door. I invited her in, and escorted her to my room.

Kayla: So what did you want?

Ross: You'll see.

I grabbed my guitar, and started playing

Ross:

*plays acoustic guitar*

You said what you said

When words are knives, it's hard not to forget

But something in my head wouldn't reset

Can't give up on us yet

no woah

Your love was so real

It pulled me in, just like a magnetic field

I'd let you go, but something's taking the wheel

Yeah it's taking the wheel

oh oh

My mind says, no you're no good for me

you're no good

but my heart's made up on you

My body can't take what you give to me

what you give

got my heart made up on you

ooooo oooo ooooo

got my heart made up on you

*stops playing*

Kayla: Wow. *eyes start tearing up*

Ross: Kayla, I'm so sorry, I will never ju--

She slammed her lips to mine and I kissed her back. We pulled away at the same time and I hugged her to me. She put her head on my chest. We stayed like that until we drifted off to sleep. For the first time in ages, I finally got a good night's rest. 

_________________________________________________________

Kayla's POV

I woke up to a very nice pillow. I snuggled up to it and it wrapped its arms around me. 

Last time I checked, pillows didn't have arms.

My eyes open to see a guy wrapped around me. I screamed and slapped him and he groaned. 

"What the hell?" I gasped and hugged him. 

"I'm sorry. I just forgot where I was for a while." He mumbled under his breath but hugged me back. I hear a knock on the door before it is slammed open. 

"Ross, I made you some break- Kayla, what are you doing here?" I turned around to see Riker holding a tray of food. 

"Um, sleeping?" I wanted to say it with confidence but that didn't happen. 

"Why are you here? You're a cheater." He said it with so much disgust and anger that I almost backed down. 

Almost. 

"No, I"m not. If you were asked by a nice person to dinner, you would say no? Just to let you know, Connor kissed me and I pushed him off. And rejected him. So by that definition, I AM NOT a cheater."

 We stared at each other and didn't break eye contact until we heard Ross clear his throat. 

"Riker, I know you probably don't like her right now and she doesn't really like you but I trust her and I know she's telling the truth. Can you guys please drop it?" We glared once more before dropping it. 

"Now, if you wouldn't mind passing me that tray? I'm starving." Riker rolled his eyes but passed him the tray. 

_________________________________________________________

Riker's POV

I couldn't believe she's back in the picture. I watched in disgust as Ross fed her strawberries. And she did that cute little giggle while smiling that perfect smile at him. 

Wait, what? 

No, Riker, you can't like her. Your brother's in love, you can't take that risk. 

And she's a cheater. 

But she said she wasn't and the way she looked into my eyes told me she wasn't lying. 

I'm so confused. 

She pushed her beautiful hair out of her eyes and kissed my brother with her amazing lips. 

Oh my god. I do like her.

I quickly left the room and went to the basement and grabbed my guitar. I sat down and began strumming some notes before a melody came into my head.