Chapter 9

Joann's POV

I get to California and it wasn't quite what I expected. It was boring and quiet. Like really. Maybe I wasn't on the right side of California.

I get to her house, and it was exactly what I expected. It had the world's biggest garden, a huge solar panel, and a little bird bath at the entrance. She was an earthy person, so it was no surprise. I knocked on the door. No one answered. Little did I know that my aunt was already gone. I thought Lucy would have stayed home, but knowing how protective she was, I know she wouldn't be home alone. So I called her.

Aunt Karen: Hello?

Me: Yes? Auntie where are you? I'm sitting here knocking on the door!

Aunt Karen: Oh my goodness, I totally forgot! I ended up taking Lucy with me! I forgot to call you! Sorry!

Me: Are you serious? You couldn't tell me?! Let me just hang up before I curse you out. BYE!

I hung up the phone and started to cry.

Is this woman serious ? How could she not tell me!? Now I'm stuck here all alone in a state I know nothing about. I called Kayla.

Me: Kayla?

Kayla: Yes?

Me: I'm- i'm here all alone in this stupid state and I can't get out!

Kayla: Well my friends and I decided to go to the mall for my birthday. Since, you know, I just got kicked out of my house and you just got up and left on my birthday!

Me: I really don't have time for this Kayla! I'm stuck in this place and--

Kayla: Oh please! You're so self centered! 

Me: You're a mess! I offered to drive across the country to take care of a girl, that I'm not getting paid to do by the way, and she's not even here!

Kayla: You could've at least called to say happy birthday! Now you just expect me to drop everything I'm doing to come get you?

Me: Just leave me the hell alone. Bye

I hung up the phone.

Like, the reason she even knows Ross is because of ME! She wouldn't be in her little fantasy world without ME. I called Rocky! He was the only person that I could stand!

Ross: Hello?

Me: Rocky! I am stuck inside a place I don't know, and I need you here! Like I'm sitting here crying in front of a stupid hippie house!

Ross: Woah woah! Uhm, this is Ross and Rocky went out to do God knows what. But what did you need?

Me: Did you not just listen to what I said? And your awful "friend" is letting me rot here in this place.

Ross: who?

Me: Kayla!

Ross:Okay, so you want me to...

Me: Come get me! Please! Like i'm so scared! I have no more money for stupid gas and my aunt which was supposed to be here, is in CANADA! Please Ross! Please?!

Ross: Fine! I'll ask the bus driver.

Me: Thank You! Thanks so much!

Ross: No problem. I'll get there around tomorrow night. But check into a hotel so you have somewhere to sleep.

Me: *calming down* thanks.

I hung up the phone.

I felt so alone. I could only drive 30 more miles because I only had one gallon of gas, so I had to check into a motel in the middle of nowhere. (Mikayla14356: You could've used that gallon to go to a gas station and get more freakin' gas to drive home!)

The Next Night

Rocky knocked on the door.

"Knock, knock!"

I ran to the door and gave him the biggest hug!

Me: Finally you're here!

Rocky: Is it really that bad here?

Me: Are you kidding?

Ross: What about me? I was the one who told all of us to come!

I ran to Ross and gave him a hug as well.

Me: Thanks!

I packed my bag and ran into the bus. I saw Rydel and gave her a hug.

Rydel: Woah! Hey there! I remember you!

Me: Hey Rydel! It's a pleasure to meet you! You know, again.

Rydel: Haha thanks! So you're the girl Rocky is in love with, and also the girl who Ross said we had to drive half way across the country to "save".

Me: Um yeah. Sorry about that haha

Rydel: It's fine. But while we're here you want to hit the mall?

Me: Of course!

We headed to SanFran Mall and it was so beautiful. We (R5 and I) shopped til we literally wanted to drop.

Ratliff: You know, this entire time we haven't spoken to each other.

Me; [laughing] I know. You're just so intimidating!

Ratliff: Me? No way!

Me: Oh (smiles). Well my name is Joann, Jojo for short.

The day went on but we had to head back home. They drove me back to the motel with some gas so i could use my car. Then, I followed them to Ohio. They said I could bunk in with them. Boy, are they life savers. I thought I was going to have to live in my car for a few days.

We got back to Ohio, but I had to stay with them for a week or so. I call Kayla when I get there.

Kayla: What do you want? You know what I don't even want to know! All I wanted was a phone call! That's all! Like really? You didn't do anything for me! For your information, my mom came back and you were jumping around from state to state! You can rot in hell!

She hung up.

.

.

.