Chapter 22

Kayla's POV

After about a month in Panama, I decided I wanted to come back to America. I bought a ticket and headed to Los Angeles. My friend, Belle, was there and I wanted to go visit her before moving on to the next country. I land in LAX with my luggage and I see Belle's small body jumping up and down and waving. I ran to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you!" Belle shrieked. I hugged her tightly.

"I missed you too!! It's been so long!" We walked to her car and got in before she drove to her apartment. We talked about everything since she moved in junior year.

"So, do you have any boy interests? You know, the ones you would give up the who-yah for?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I was  sort of dating yet not dating this one guy..." I drifted off. It hurt too much to think about him. I missed him too much. But if I called him, he would know where I am. And I can't risk that.

"Who? Don't tell me it's Jeremy. I hated him. I don't know how you had a crush on that guy." I shook my head and frowned.

"Eww. No. He totally became an jackass after you left. A complete douche. No, it was someone who you're not gonna believe I dated."

"If it isn't Jeremy, I'm good."

I took a deep breath. "I was dating Ross Lynch."

Belle stopped the car in the middle of the street and I flew forward.

"Oh my gosh! Belle, what the hell?"

"Shut up. You did not date him."

"Yes, I did. Why would I lie about that?" She stared into my eyes and gasped.

"Oh my god, you did. How? What happened?" I told her about the story about meeting them and him coming to see me after the fire incident. She gasped when she heard I was caught in a fire.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she frowned.

"I didn't remember you, duh." She turned around the corner and parked in front of a large building. We got out of the car and ran into the apartment, falling onto the couch.

"So, why did you say you were sort of dating not dating him? What happened?" I looked at the ground.

"I had to run away. Life was too overwhelming. So I dyed and cut my hair, got some colored contacts and ran. I changed my phone number so no one could call me." Belle gasped (again) and hugged me.

"You need to call him. I can tell how much he means to you." I shook my head.

"I'll call him when I'm ready. I haven't even called my parents yet."

"Fine." Belle looked at me with pity, then showed me my room. I fell on the bed and burst into tears. I cried myself to sleep thinking about Ross.

___________________________________________________________

TWO DAYS LATER

I was driving back to Belle's when I heard her car sputter. I pulled over and saw smoke coming out the front.

"Oh shit." I groaned. I looked at my gas tank and I ran out of gas too.

"Double shit." I see someone's lights on in their house so I decide to walk up and ring the doorbell. I hear footsteps running down some stairs. They open the door and I gasp quietly.

Ricky Dillon.