Chapter 28

Ross's POV

Can you believe her? She really called me? How could she?
I just wanted nothing to do with her.
I put on my yellow converses and walk out of the door, quiet enough so my brothers couldn't hear me leave.
I drove around the city, but everything just seemed to remind me of Kayla.
I couldn't stop thinking about her, but I had to anyways. She was nothing to me in my mind, but in my heart she everything. I parked the car, and walked into the sand.
I was walking to my special thinking spot when someone rammed into me.

Me: What the hell?

Connor: Sorry, man. Hey, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were Ross Lynch.

Me: Who are you?

Connor: *smiles* Connor. Connor Franta.

In the back of my head, I thought to myself, things couldn't get any more ironic.

Me: Small world, huh?

Connor: Yeah.

Me: Okay. So you know Kayla, correct?

Connor: Medium light brown hair?

Me: Yeah!

Connor: Yeah. Do you?

Me: I wish I didn't.

Connor: Why?

Me: She cheated on me.... With you.

Connor: Oh, um. I gotta go!

I grab his shoulder to stop him from leaving. He pulled his shoulder to himself.

Connor: Dude! What the hell? Don't f*cking touch me!

He pushed me, and my natural reaction was to push him back. He pushed me, then finally I punched him in the nose.
An elderly couple saw, and called the police.
I wanted to make a run, but it would only make me seem guiltier. He got up and tried to punch me back, but I blocked him, and punched him again.
In the matter of 5 minutes the police came and cuffed me.

Police: You are under arrest for causing a public disturbance.
__________________________

-2 hrs later-

Riker's POV

I get a call from a blocked number.

Me: hello?

Ross: Hey! Riker! Um. I got arrested and I need you to-

Me: Arrested?!?

Ross: Can you please just come get me?

Ratliff and I rushed there, and picked him up. On our way home I asked him several questions.

Me: What in the hell would possess you to get arrested.

Ross: it's not like I wanted to!

Me Well what did you do?

Ross: I, um, found Connor, and decided to teach him a lesson.

Me: You went out looking for Connor?

Ratliff: *excited* Alright Ross! *laughs*

Me: Rat! Shut up!

Ratliff: I mean, he obviously still loves Kayla, if he beat Connor up... So I was just giving him a pat on the back.

Me: He still got arrested!

Ratliff: So?

Me: Ugh. Just never mind!

We didn't talk about it until we got home. And when we got home, he ran to his room and slammed his door shut.

Joann: What's his problem?

Ratliff: *holding in his laugh* The fool got himself arrested.

Joann: Oh my goodness! How?

Me: It's nothing. Just forget about it.

Rydel: Tell us!

Ratliff: He fought Connor and caused a public disturbance.

Joann: Oh

Rydel: My

Joann: Goodness!

Rydel: Someone should go talk to him.

Joann: I will. But he won't open the door *laughs* so ill just talk through the door.

Joann walks to the door and we all follow to hear what he has to say.

Joann: Ross? Can you open the-

Ross: No! Get the hell away!

Joann: Well, today, you didn't really do anything wrong. In fact, you showed that you really cared about Kayla.

Ross: I don't!

Joann: When you love someone, it may be hard. Remember your song easy love? Huh?
Ross, you know you love Kayla, if not you would have never fought for her.
The best thing to do is admit you love her and try to get her back.

Joann looked like she wanted to say something else but she stopped and looked at me. She gave me a look that said "I need to talk to you." I sighed. I walked into the kitchen behind Joann and Joann looked at me. 

Joann: I think Kayla needs to come here and they need to see each other.

Me: How are you going to get her here?

Joann: I've got a plan.

I decided to trust Joann. She seemed to know what she was doing so I trust her to make sure that my little brother was back to the bright, fun person he used to be.