Chapter 27

Kayla's POV

Connor took me back to Belle's place. He leaned in to kiss me but I put my hands up to stop him. 

"I'm sorry Connor but I can't do this. Not to him and not to you. I can't lead you on like that." 

"Wait, what?" I saw hurt in his eyes and he frowned. 

"I did something I now fully regret and I just can't do that to him. I just can't." Connor nodded. 

"Okay. Um, well, see you around?" I nodded and he walked away. I walked into the apartment and fall onto my bed. I liked Connor but during that whole date all I thought of was Ross. I thought about all the dates we went on like the one at the lake, or at the movies, or at that beautiful restaurant. Even our lazy days when we stayed in our pajamas, watched movies and ate Chinese food. 

I cried myself to sleep for the second time. 

I woke up the next morning with a tear-stained face and a major headache. I get up and ready for the day and I walk into the kitchen to see Belle gone and a note on the table.

Kayla,

Can you please go to the grocery store for me? The fridge is empty. And I heard you sobbing in your room yesterday. I know what's up and I'm telling you that you need to call him. Tell him how you felt when you let and how you feel now. 

Love, Belle

I shook my head at Belle's note. I wasn't that loud, was I? I sighed and pulled out my phone because I knew what I had to do. I look at his contact before calling him.

Ross: Hello? 

I almost cried when I heard his voice.

Me: Ross. 

Ross: Kayla? Why are you calling me? 

He said it with so much hatred that I was lost for words for a moment. 

Me: I- um. I just wanted to hear your voice again. And, um, talk to you since I'm in California. I've missed you. 

Ross: I would say the same but I'd be lying. 

Me: What is your problem? I just wanted to talk to you and apologize. I wanted to tell you that I didn't mean to shut you out, I just needed time to myself. 

Ross: I don't talk to people who leave without a word, kiss someone else and then come and try to talk to me like everything's okay. 

Me: I don't know what you're talking about. What made you think I kissed anyone?

Ross: Cut the shit, Kayla. Riker saw you at the diner kissing that stupid YouTuber. And don't lie, my brother wouldn't lie to me. 

Me: Ross, can you please let me explain? 

Ross: I'm sick of everyone wanting to explain. And I'm sick of talking to you right now, Kayla. Leave me alone. 

Me: Ross, please. 

Ross: No, you've hurt me too much. I'm done. 

He hung up and I fell against the wall in tears. They didn't even tell me what's going on. I didn't even get to explain.