Chapter 10

Kayla's POV

I started to text Ross after I hung up the phone with Joann. He said he had something to tell me so he called me. 

Ross: Hey.

Me: Hi?

Ross: I need to tell you something.

Me: Yeah. That's what you said in a text.

Ross: Your sister's here. That's the only reason we didn't come this week. We are coming in 2 days though. 

I didn't say anything. My sister was the only reason why my favorite band didn't come visit me like they said they would?

Ross: Are you still there?

Me: Yeah. Just shocked. But I expected it from her. 

I lift my head to the shouting I heard next door. 

Ross: What is that noise?

Me: I don't know. The neighbors are shouting or something. 

Then I smelt smoke and walked to the front door. The front door flew up in flames before I reached it.

Me: Oh my gosh! Ross, there's a fire! 

Ross: Yeah, because you're there.

Me: No, Ross. I don't have to time to hear you flirt. THERE IS A REAL FIRE!! AND I'M TRAPPED IN THE APARTMENT!!!! 

Ross: Oh my god! Call someone!

Me: I hear sirens though! 

I started wheezing and I ran into my bedroom and closed the door. I put blankets around the door to keep the smoke from coming in. (Mikayla14356: Which is what you do when there's a fire and you can't get out. I don't know why Joann was judging me about it!)

Ross: Kayla? KAYLA!!! Stay with me!

Me: I'm trying, Ross! But the fire is spreading!

The fire was burning everything and I was at the end of the hall. The fire was flying its way towards me. 

The last thing I remember was my sister shouting at me through the phone before I faded into darkness.