Chapter 21

Kayla's POV

I hung up the phone. My sister was leaving me to go live with her stupid boyfriend. She doesn't see me running across the country into Ross's arms right now, does she?

That doesn't sound so bad, right now though.

I sat on my day bed and looked out the window.

I need to get out of here.

My parents love me, my family loves me but I just can't do this anymore. I need to disappear from the face of the earth. I go to my car and drive to the store to buy some hair dye. I get light brown dye and a lot of sunglasses. I go to the eye doctor to get my perscription lens in the sunglasses. I take it home and hide it in my closet. I'm going to leave tonight. I go to my parents' safe and pull out 3,500 dollars out and shove it in my purse. I pack two bags and keep them in the trunk of my car.

I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the counter from my mom.

Kayla,

Make some lasagna. Then, sweep the house. I'm bringing back some cake so we can celebrate! Josh and Noah are at football, Dad's at work, and I'm at Tina's. Love you!

Love, Mom

Of course, Mom would put chores into a nice note. Too bad, I won't be here to celebrate. I make the lasagna but don't sweep the floor. I write a note to my family. Then, I get in my car, and drive away.

______________________________________________________________

[2 weeks later]

Joann's POV

Ross: Hey Jo!

Me: Oh hey! What's up!

Ross: Have you heard from Kayla?

Me: No. Well, yes. But not in an appealing way. She kind of cursed me out because I came to live here.

Ross: Wait, you're living here now?

Me: Kind of. Your parents were nice enough to let me stay here, but I can't stay for too long. After a while, my welcome will be worn out.

Ross: oh. Well what about Kayla? Is she coming?

Me: I'm not exactly sure. Should I call her?

Ross: Sure

I pick up the phone to call her, but after one ring the machine said the number was disconnected.

Me: I think she blocked my calls

Ross: Let me try on my phone.

Ross also called her, and it was disconnected.

Something was up.

She had changed her number, but why?

I called my father to see what was up, and he said she was no where to be found.

My heart started pounding.

Later, he called and said he found a note saying she was running away.

My entire world dropped. I invited Ross back into the room and told him the news. He looked at me as if I was joking.

Ross: You're kidding right?

Me: Do I look like I'm kidding?

Ross: Oh. My. God.

I could see his eyes tearing up as he looked down at the floor.

[Ross's POV: Sometimes it's just too much. Sometimes I just wish I hadn't met Joann or Kayla. I am always going through heart break. If I had never met them, I would have never fallen in love. It's like my life is just falling apart because of one girl. But it's too late, I have already fallen for her, so all I could do was pray that she would come back]

Ross: Do you know why she ran away?

Me: I have no idea...

A week later, she is still no where to be found. No information found.

I lost a sister, and it was all because of...

Me.