Chapter 24

Kayla's POV

"Oh my gosh! Ricky! It's me. Kayla." I took my glasses off. Ricky looks into my eyes and then pulls me into a hug.

"Kayla! What are you doing here?" He hugged me back.

"I'm visiting Belle." Ricky, Belle, and I were best friends before they moved. They were siblings, only 2 years apart. And Belle being 2 years away from me. We were the oddest friends. We were inseparable and I was devastated when they moved. They moved to California. Next thing I know, Ricky's a famous YouTuber and Belle's the assistant of one of the most famous fashion designers in LA.

"Is she doing okay? It's been awhile since she called me."

"She's doing great."

"Are you doing okay?"

I sighed and nodded. "I am okay. How about you?"

"I'm doing great."

"Ricky! Who's at the door? I heard a voice call out from behind him.

"Oh. Kayla, do you want to come in?" First, I thought about saying no but I need to catch up with him.

"Sure. I'll come in." Ricky moves aside and I step into the house. I see the same setting that I see in his videos. I see two guys on the couch.

"Kayla, this is Connor and JC. Kian's out with his girlfriend but I hope you can meet him. Trevor and Sam are... somewhere. Guys, this is Kayla, my best friend." Connor Franta. His hair flipped perfectly and his green eyes bright and clear. Like the lake at my grandparents' house. JC had the cutest cheeks and he had a very cool hat on.

"Hey!" I waved and they waved back. I plopped myself down on the couch next to Connor. He smiled and I looked into his beautiful eyes.

For the next hour, we talked and laughed and had a great time. I looked at the time and stood up.

"Ricky, I need you to take me home. Belle's car is toast." Ricky looks out the window and laughs.

"I will call a pickup truck for tomorrow. Belle's gonna be pissed."

"I'll take her." Connor stood with the keys in his hand.

"Are you sure?" Ricky asked. He nodded and Ricky gave me a hug.

"I'll come by tomorrow." He said into my ear. I nodded and gave JC a hug before going to the car. Connor sits next to me and turns on the ignition. As he starts to drive, I look at his features more carefully. His hair was all in the same direction and he didn't have huge muscles but they were there.

Ross was so much hotter.

Connor seemed like a sweet guy but I missed Ross. A lot.

We pulled into the parking lot in front of the apartment building. He took me to the front door and looked at me.

"So, um. I was wondering if- I mean I know we just met, but you seem cool, so I could take you to dinner maybe?" I was shocked but decided it was the perfect distraction from Ross. He was sort of dating the person I left behind. It was time for me to move on.

"Sure, I'd love to." He smiled brightly.

"How about I pick you up tomorrow? At 7, is that okay?" I nodded and he hugged me tightly.

"See you tomorrow."

"Bye." I closed the door to see Belle staring at me with anger.

"What took you so long? And where's my car keys?" I looked down at the ground.

"Um... your brother has your keys?"

"What?!" she screamed. I told her what happened to her car to seeing Ricky to Connor driving me home.

"I'm going out to dinner with him tomorrow." She shrieked again.

"Oh my gosh!! Really? That's great!!" I nodded my head and go to my room. I flop on the bed and fall asleep.