Chapter 8

Kayla's POV

I ran to my mom and gave her the biggest hug that I could give.

"I missed you so much, Mommy!" I cried into her shoulder and she held me.

"I'm sorry I was at St. Maarten for so long. I leave for 3 weeks and I learn that my only daughter has been kicked out of the house. Imagine what I did to your father." We laughed and I saw my brothers standing behind her.

"Hey." I nodded my head and awkwardly hugged them. My 15 year old brother, Josh, walked instantly into the kitchen to get some cake. My 10 year old brother, Noah, followed him. I put my mom's shoes in the closet and lead her to the kitchen.

Josh was sitting at the table with a piece of cake. "Hey, Kayla. Did you know Ross Lynch is on your phone?"

"What?" My mom yelled. She picked up my phone and I looked over her shoulder to see Ross looking rather uncomfortable. My mom looked at me.

"What did you do? I need an explanation." So I told my story again for the second time and my brothers were laughing their heads off behind my mom causing me to glare at them. After I finished, my mom looked Ross in the eyes.

"Ross? That's your name right?" He looked away.

"Yeah?"

"Listen. Just don't be a jackass." Ross nodded and sighed in relief. She gave me my phone back and I went into the hallway to talk to Ross.

Me: I'm sorry for that. My mom is really weird.

Ross: It's cool

Me: Thank you so much for that. It was the best birthday I've ever had.

Ross: You're welcome. So listen.

Me: Yeees?

Ross: So you know how Rocky and I are coming to visit next week?

Me: No!

Ross: Oh. Well, we are. And I was wondering. Will you go on a date with me?

Me: Hmmmm.

Ross looked disappointed. I smiled internally and looked at him.

Me: Of course, you dummy! Nobody would be stupid enough not to.

His face lit up and he smiled. I looked at the time and frowned.

Me: I have to go. It's late.

Ross: Okay. Bye.

Me: Bye.

I hung up and smiled to myself. I walked inside and spent the rest of my night with my family and friends and had a great time.

2 DAYS LATER

I was just chillin' at home when Joann called me.

Me: Hello?

Joann: Hi.

Me: Now, you decide to call me.

Joann: I'm sorry. I heard what Ross did for you. It was really sweet.

Me: It was. He is. When were you going to tell me that the boys were coming to visit?

Joann: Oh, um. Well, I was going to but...

Me: Yeah. Whatever. Ross asked me out!

Joann: Oh my gosh! That's great. You know what happened?

Me: What?

Joann: Rocky took me out on a date.

Me: WHAT????

Joann: Yeah.

Me: You just met like 3 days ago.

Joann: So?

Me: You've only seen him once.

Joann: Not true. Have you asked me where I am?

Me: Where are you?

Joann: I just left Ohio.

Me: No fair! You got to see him!!!

Joann: Haha! Anyway, I'm driving to go take care of Lucy.

Me: Okay. Then, why did you call me? I'm hanging up!

I hung up and threw my phone on the couch while I got up to make a sandwich. My phone rang again and I groaned. I picked it up and pushed talk.

"Joann, I told you! Don't call me while you're driving!!" I exclaimed.

"Um.. this isn't Joann."

Boy, was I embarassed. "Oh. Hey Amanda."

I knew she was grinning right now. "Do you want to go to the mall today with the girls?"

"Sure. Let's go." I grabbed my purse and started towards the door.

"Wait, Amanda. I don't have a car."

"Oh, I'll be there in 20 minutes. See you."

"Bye." She hung up and I went into the kitchen for the second time.

"Time to make that sandwich."