Chapter 23

Joann's POV

I try not to let Kayla's runaway get to me, so I spend time with the fam (R5).

I go with them to dinner, with everyone. The mood was cool. Stormie was telling stories about when Riker was 2. I loved spending time with them. It seemed that every part of their life was so entertaining.

We were all enjoying our meal when Mark said,"When are you guys going to California?"

There was a moment of silence, then Rocky looked down.

I stared at him until he looked back up.

I laughed awkwardly and asked, "Um... Mark, what are you talking about?"

Rocky looked over at his father and gave him a look.

Mark looked back at me.

Mark: R5 is just staying here for a few more days. They are going back to Cali for a short period of time.

Me: How short? A few days?

Mark: About 1-3 months

My jaw dropped. I looked at Rocky, he was still looking down. I looked at Ratliff and he looked zoned out. Rydel also looked at me.

Rydel: Sorry we didn't tell you. I thought Rocky already did!

Me: So your plan was just to lead me on to come here, tell me to live here, then leave? Huh? Is that what it is?

Stormie: Honey, you can still stay with us for a little.

Me: Thanks Stormie. Excuse me for a second.

I walked outside and leaned on the car. I saw Rocky follow me. He came towards me.

Rocky: Joann, look, I'm sorry, but I'll be back.

Me: Rocky... get... the hell...*screaming* AWAY FROM ME!!

He backed up. The, I saw Rydel walk through the door. She ran towards me and gave Rocky the signal to go inside. He didn't go.

Rydel: You might be mad right now, and especially at Rocky, but... If it makes you feel better, I'll stay here. I'd rather stay here anyways.

Me: Thanks Rydel, but you don't have to.

Rydel: No, it's okay.

Me: Rock, come here *opening my arms for a hug*

He came and hugged me and whispered in my ear,"Sorry."

_______2 Days Later________

I was still kind of mad about them leaving, but it was time for the boys to go.

They left and Rydel and I stayed.

"They may be in Cali, but we are gonna still have fun," Rydel said. 

I believed her.