Chapter 14

Kayla's POV

I stared at the woman in front of me. Who was she? She started yelling at me and I almost started crying because only Mom and Dad yelled at me if I did something wrong. She called for a doctor hysterically.

"Are you calling my mom? Mom's a doctor. She takes cares of babies." I looked around the room and saw a bunch of metal things next to me and tube things plugged in to me.

What happened to me?

I saw a tall man with a white jacket walk in.

"Hey Kayla. How are you feeling?"

"Who are you?" I asked the tall man. He was tall just like my dad.

"I'm your doctor. Your sister told me you were awake and I had to come check in with you." he said.

"I don't have a sister. I want one, though. And a brother. My mom says I can't yet because she is still going to school. But Meme says one is coming real soon." I saw the man look at the woman with a weird face.

"Meme is her grandmother," the woman said. I could've answered that. The doctor nodded her head and looked at me with an angry face.

"Did I do something wrong? I don't Mom to call Dad. I like him coming cause we go to the park. I don't want him to yell at me." The doctor pulled the lady out into the hall and left me alone in the room.

I looked at myself with a frown. When did I get these things? Mom says I don't get boobs until I'm older. And I'm so tall. I look almost as tall as my dad. They walked back in and the tall man asked me a bunch of things.

"What's your name?"

"Kayla Coleman."

"How old are you?"

"I don't know."

"What's your birthday?"

"I don't know. I can't remember anything."

"Where do you live?"

"Umm... New York!"

"Thank you. Do you want to see your parents?"

"Yeah. Let me talk to my mom."

He left and left me alone once again. Then my mom and dad walked in with two boys.

"Mom! Dad! Why am I here? Who are they?"

My mom came and gave me a hug.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Kayla, we have a lot to explain.

__________________________

"So, you're telling me I'm 18 years old, I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, we moved to Maryland, I was in a fire, and now I'm here?" Dad nodded and frowned.

"What's wrong, Daddy?"

"Nothing. Let me go ask the doctor when you can go home." He left quickly and closed the door. I looked at my mom but she just looked at the door.