Chapter 16

Kayla's POV

Joann(?) stormed out of the room after arguing with Daddy. He sat in the chair and had a blank expression on his face. I looked at my mom who had the same expression. Josh looked like he was about to cry and Noah was crying. 

Me, however, I was very upset. I got headaches frequently and that hurt my head.

A lot.

The doctor came in and slightly frowned at the sight. 

I mean, it was a very happy family reunion! *hint of sarcasm*

He looked at his chart and showed us a forced smile. 

"Good news. Kayla can go home tomorrow. She'll just need to take it easy and remember that you shouldn't try to force her to remember, she needs to figure them out on her own." my mom and Daddy nodded and smiled at me. 

"Um, where do I live? I'm 18, aren't I? Did I move out yet?" My family looked at each other and shared a look and then looked back at me. 

"You still live with us." Mom said after the longest pause. I shrugged at the silence and didn't want to think about it. My eyes started to droop again. I hear the doctor tell my family that they should let me rest and then I was out like a night light. 

____________________[The Next Day]_____________________________________________

I wake up to see my dad in the chair crying. I pretended to sleep even though it broke my heart to see him that way.

"Dad, why are you crying?" He looked up, startled, and wiped his tears.

"No reason. I'm okay." I looked at him and frowned. 

"It is not 'no reason'! Tell me!" I demanded. All he did was sigh and look at the ground.

"I will tell you when you're ready." I pouted and frowned some more. The doctor walked in and smiled. 

"Kayla, you're free to go home now. Come see me if you have any problems, okay?" I nodded and he unhooked me from all the machines. I stood up but my legs gave way and I tumbled to the floor. 

Daddy caught me before I fell and held me up. I walked around with his support for a while before I began walking on my own. I walked out of the hospital but not before hugging my nurse and waving at the nice staff members. 

I squinted at the sun but spun around enjoying the comforting warmth that it gave. Daddy led me to the car. I looked at the beautiful scenery of the Maryland hills. 

The car pulled into a very long driveway that was in front of a beautiful house. It had a very big backyard and front yard and a lot of flowers and trees in the front. My dad walked around the side and I followed but not before taking a mental picture in my head. 

My mom pulls me into the house and took me to my room. I saw many posters of 4 boys and a girl all over pink and black zebra print walls. The bed had white and pink polka dots and there was a white desk against the wall. There was a matching book shelf with a lot of books on it with a white board next to it. The carpet was pink, white, and black. 

I was mesmerized. The room was fancy yet still like a teenager's room that I've seen on TV.

The boys on the posters were very cute but one stood out more than the others. He had beautiful hazel eyes and platinum blonde hair. He was gorgeous but I still didn't know who they were.

"Who's room is this for? And who are those people all over the walls?" My mom looked at me with disbelief but then remembered that I didn't remember anything. 

"This is your room. You designed it all by yourself. And the people on your wall? That was your favorite band, R5. You and your sister were obsessed with them." I looked at the room again and smiled to myself. I made this? It was so pretty. 

For the band part though...

I guess I have to try to start loving them all over again.