Chapter 26

Joann's POV

We get packed and ready for a long ride to Cali. I really felt life was complicated as it is, and traveling from state to state, and back really made it worse. We got there about a day later. Riker welcomed us and tried to make a plan, so we could all tell Ross the news.

Ross walked in the door and was surprised that we were in Cali.

Ross: Hey guys... You know we could have saved a lot of time and gas if you just rode with us right *laughs*

Me: Yeah, well, we had stuff to do. So, um that's why.

Ross: Then why are you mad at Rock? Never mind. I was working these past two days to work on this song. Want to hear it?

Me: Um, su--

Riker: *interrupts* Actually, we have something to tell you.

Ross: Come on, it's not a full song! Just listen to the chorus! Come on, sit down!

We all sit down and Ross starts singing.

Ross:

*plays acoustic guitar*

My mind says, no you're no good for me

you're no good

but my heart's made up on you

My body can't take what you give to me

what you give

got my heart made up on you

ooooo oooo ooooo

got my heart made up on you

Me: Woah.

Ross: Yeah, it's for Kayla. I just need Riker and Rock to help me with the rest

Me: Umm.. Ross...

Rydel: Kayla's cheating on you!

Rocky jumps through the door and yells, "What?!" Ross dropped him guitar and looked me in the eyes.

Ross: What? She's lost! How could you know!?

Riker: She's here in California, and I saw her on a date with, I think, Connor Franta. You know the YouTuber?

Ross: How do you know it wasn't a friend. And is that why you called me, asking me if I had ever kissed Kayla?

Riker: Uhm, yeah. And they kissed. TWICE.

Rocky: Dayum dude. You're done. She just broke up with you without saying a word.

Ratliff walks in.

Ratliff: Ooooo family get together! Woohh!

Ross ripped up the music sheet and stormed out.

Ratliff: Never mind. What's his problem?

Riker: Kayla's cheating on him.

Rocky: Well, if you think about it, they aren't really a couple... sooo.... she's not really cheating.

Riker: Shhh!

Ratliff: That sucks, Well for him at least. Is there any food?

Rocky: Yeah, there's some in the refrigerator. I think Ross made some guacamole.

Me: You guys are soo insensitive! Ugh! Just go!

Riker, Rydel, and I just couldn't let Kayla run loose with a man that we didn't even know. Most importantly, we had to find Kayla, so Ross could see her.

I went to his door and knocked on it.

Me: Ross? Um, please don't be mad, or sad, or.... mad. We'll find Kayla.

Ross: Leave me alone! And don't find her! I don't need her! I never needed her! She is nothing to me anymore and never will be!

Me: But, in your song you said you loved her.

Ross: To hell with it! Just leave. I don't love her! Hell, I don't even like her!

[Ross' POV: I hated that girl and everything about her! She decieved me. The best thing for me to do, is just clear her from my mind. I mean, I though I loved this girl. She was everything you could ever wish for. Guess I was wrong. I thought I knew love... I Guess I was wrong about that too ]