Chapter 31

Joann's POV

I heard from Kayla that Ross forgave her.

Now that she was found and everything was back to normal, it was time for me to go back.

I packed my stuff, and said my goodbyes. Rydel wanted to come back to Colorado with me, so she also packed.

I hugged Rocky and whispered into his ears, "Come back soon." 

He whispered back "I'll miss you." 

He gave me a kiss, then I hugged Ross and told him, "Don't hurt my sister," and laughed. He laughed back, then I went on to hug Riker. He hugged tight on purpose, so I pinched him. 

He laughed and said, "No really, I'm going to miss you Jo. But we're coming home soon".

Lastly, I looked at Ratliff and he gave me a slight smile. He gave me a hug, but held my waist. Thank God, Rock was too focused on me, to notice where Rat's hands were. I pulled back slightly and gave him a smile.

Rydel said her goodbyes and we headed out of the door.

It was going to be a long ride home. But Alas got there!

I greeted Mark and Stormie and headed to the guest room.

Life was dull without the boys, although Rydel was there.

A few weeks passed and they finally came home. I ran and gave them all hugs.

Me: Oh my goodness! Finally! You're home! But... Where's Kayla?

Ross: She didn't tell you? She lives there now. Well for now at least.

Me: You're kidding me right?

Rocky: Nope. But, for our first night back, how about we go to a restaurant!?

Me: Yeah! I'd love that.

Rocky: It's on Ross.

Ross: Hold up, what?

Rocky: You're paying.

Ross: We'll see about that.

Around 8 o'clock we all headed out.

Riker drove us all to the restaurant.

As Rocky spoke to the waiter, the rest of us took our seats. Ratliff pulled out my chair, but I didn't look at him. I didn't want to give him any sign that I was interested.

Finally, Rocky sat down. We all ordered, and started conversation.

The waiter came with all of our food.

All of a sudden, Rocky steps on his chair and calls out...

"Attention! Everyone! Ahem. I am here with a lovely lady, that I met several months ago. I can honestly tell you, she is everything to me. She knows me and understands me like no other. Even though we had some tough times, she is my everything. I wouldn't trade her for all the money in the world." He stepped down from his chair and walked over to me. He held my hand and got down on one knee.

"And Joann, I was wondering if you could... Take my promise ring. From this day on, I promise to be with you, to protect you, and to love you forever. I know we only met several months ago, but I felt like we've known each other forever. So.. Will you?"

Everyone in the room started to clap. I smiled and blushed. I looked over at the table and everyone but Ratliff was clapping. I felt bad, but I really did like Rocky.

Rocky: So what do you say?

Me: Yes!

He got up and gave me a kiss.

At the moment, he made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.