Chapter 6

Joann's POV

We get to my home and Kayla ran to the empty room. She plopped herself on the ground and smiled.

Me: You're really smiling right now? You just got kicked out of your house.

Kayla: Yeah. (looks at phone) It's just sinking in... I am texting Ross Lynch.

Me: (smiles and sighs) Anyways..I need to get you a bed.

Kayla: *says nothing*

Me: And a lamp, it gets really dark in here

Kayla: *says nothing*

Me: Is the size okay though?

Kayla: Uhm, yeah, I like the blue one!

Me: What?! Are you even listening to me? I didn't even ask about the color!

Kayla: *says nothing*

Me: Fine! I'll just leave.

I walked out.

THE NEXT DAY

I walked into the living room and stared at my phone. I had no notifications. I was so bored! I turn on my phone and look for some R5 News. They got to Ohio. I knew Rocky and I were not a couple but I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I go to use the restroom and when I come back I see a facetime request. It was Rocky! I answered.

Rocky: Hey Jojo.

Me: Jojo? You didn't even call yesterday *smiling*

Rocky: Hahaha I know it's been so crazy.

Me: So what's going on?

Rocky: So, the band is on break for a week next week, can I stop by? I want us to be with each other for a little.

Me: Awww Rocky. I'm actually doing a little summer studying. But I can put it on hol---

Rocky: Don't be silly, we can sudy together! After all I'm only 1 years older than you so I can help you.

Me: I'd really love that.

Rocky: Well-

Ross yells at Rocky.

Ross: Hurry Rock! We have to get inside and rehearse one last time before the concert starts.

Rocky: Well bye Jojo. See you in about a week!

I hang up the phone.

OMG! I'm going on a date with Rocky Lynch! I ran around the living room yelling, when I was interrupted by a phone call. It was my Aunt Karen.

Karen: Hello?

me: Hey!

Karen: Oh hey! I needed to ask you for a favor!

Me: Yeah! Anything for you!

Karen: I'm going to Canada to see your grandpa, but I can't take Lucy. She's too young. So I was wondering if you could take care of her just for a week.

Me: Ohhhh. But um which week?

Karen: This one. Is that okay?

Thank the Lord Jesus Christ is was this week. I could not blow my first date with Rocky! But I did have to travel all the way across the country. (To California)

Me: Wait! How am I going to get the ticket to California?

Karen: Can't you drive?

Me: But it will take soo long

Karen: Please?

Me: Fine, bye auntie!

Karen: Bye hun!

I could drive up to Ohio then stay with Rocky there! Then go to California and take care of Lucy! Brilliant!

I yelled, "Kayla I'm going to California! I'm leaving tonight! Is there anything you need? 

She replied, "I'm fine and I can handle the house all by myself." 

Everything was planned perfectly. I call Rocky to tell him the plan.

Rocky: Hello?

Me: Hey!

Rocky: Hey! What's up?

Me: I'm stopping by Ohio! I can come see you!

Rocky: Really? What day?

Me: Well i'm leaving tonight, so I'll probably get there late at night tomorrow.

Riker: *yells* ROCKY GET OFF THE PHONE! REALLY!

Rocky: Sounds perfect! Bye! Got to go.

We hang up.

This is honestly the best summer! I packed all my bags and headed to Ohio.

Two days later

I ended up getting to Ohio at around 3 in the morning so I just camped out in the car until the morning. As soon as it hit 10 am I called Rocky and asked where he was. I ended up getting there around 12 pm.

I see Ross.

Ross: Oh hey!... Joann?

Me: Yeah. You remembered! But where's your brother?

Ross: Rock's in the bus.

Me: Thanks.

I knock on the door and he opens it. I gave him the biggest hug. "I missed you! But since you can only spend a few hours here, let me take you out!" he said to me as he got his shoes. I responded, "Wait! Where are we even going?" He didn't answer. He grabbed my hand and we ran out of the bus.

I had no idea where he was taking me but I loved every second being with him. We walked into a FroYo place and he bought me froyo obviously. We sat down and we started talking. He stopped talking and stared at me.

Me: What are you looking at? Is there something on my face?

Rocky: No, there's nothing, you're just beautiful

I couldn't believe it! He called me beautiful! My life couldn't possibly get any better! We headed out and walked back to the tour bus. We said our goodbye and then I was on my way to Cali!