A Claw-some Birthday

This was a birthday gift for a friend on tumblr!

---

Birthdays were fun for the most part. It was a day dedicated to you by your friends and family. You got to do something special with those you love and get to be a little pampered for once. Well, that was at least when you didn't have to work on your birthday. With it falling on a Wednesday this year, you were stuck.

It wasn't terrible, your coworkers surprised you with a cake and a few gave you a card or gift. Your boss paid for your lunch and allowed you off early to spend time with those you love. Knowing working on a birthday wasn't the best way to spend it.

After getting off 3 hours early, you made your way back to the apartment you shared with your boyfriend. Jason.

He had gotten up early that morning to make you breakfast and joined you for lunch on your boss' dime. He was trying to spend as much time as possible with you, and honestly you were looking forward to getting home and maybe just getting to relax and cuddle for a bit.

So, you were a bit surprised when you tried to walk in your door only to have Jason run to stand in your way. "Heey doll, what are you doing home so early?" You tried to look around him, only for his massive frame to move to block your view each time.

"Jason, what's going on?" You asked and narrowed your eyes at him. "Ummm" He said and all of a sudden there was a crash behind him. You cocked an eyebrow as he cringed. "Babe" you put a hand on his chest. "Yes?" he opened one eye to look at you. "Move or you will be moved."

With a sigh he stepped aside and you walked in. Looking around everything seemed to be in order except for a stack of books that had been knocked over. But your eye was caught by a houseplant in the corner rustling.

Walking over you pulled it away from its spot in the corner only to hear a small 'mew' and be met with a pair of green eyes and a mess of orange fur.

You gasped and picked up the small kitten which had a red ribbon tied around it's collar. Jason walked into the living room with a small grin. "She was supposed to be a surprise." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh my gosh she's so cuuute!" You cooed and held the kitten to see it better. "Hello, what's your name cutie?"

Jason chuckled and shook his head. "The name they gave her at the shelter was Hermione because of the fur and I guess she kinda kept her brothers and sisters in line. Reminded them of the Harry Potter character. When I met her I immediately thought of you and I know you've always wanted a kitten so, happy birthday doll."

Gently you set the kitten down on the couch before walking over and wrapping your arms around Jason, holding him tight. "You're so amazing babe, thank you. You know you didn't have too."

"I wanted too" He pulled away to look in your eyes. "With all the shit you put up with because of me, the least I can do is get you what you've wanted to make this closer to the dream you wanted. I know I can't give you exactly that but I'm shooting for as close as possible."

You shook your head and pressed a short kiss to his lips. "Yes, my life is a bit more eccentric now but I wouldn't trade it for the world. You're my guy Jay and I love you."

Grinning he kissed you again. "I love you too babe, happy birthday."

Though your moment was cut short when Jason pulled away and looked down after feeling what felt like needles through his jeans. Lone behold Hermione was climbing up his jeans. She looked up at the both of you and meowed again.

You chuckled and knelt down to bring her back in your arms. "Guess she's competing for my affection now. You've got some competition."

"Are you saying that cat's cuter than me." He pouted as you grinned "Yup!"