The List

Prompt: "Imagine Person A and B going to the store together. A keeps putting different stuff in the cart, but B secretly puts the stuff back when A isn't looking. You decide what kind of items they are and how it ends up."

---

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, rare ones in Gotham, when you asked Jason to come to the grocery store with you. He didn't mind going to the grocery store, it means he gets to spend time with you doing menial things. Plus your pantry was in desperate need of being restocked.

So, you both headed to the grocery store. His hand held yours while your other hand was occupied reading him off the shopping list for what felt like the millionth time. "Eggs, milk, bread, lettuce, tomatoes, lunch meat, wait what kind of lunch meat? Jason you have to be more specific on the list! Look you did it again, all you wrote was chips. Do you want regular chips or barbeque or sour cream & onion..." Jason covered your mouth with his other hand.

Your eyes flickered up to his. "Are you done?" He asked and you gave him a slight nod. You sighed, "I was blabbering again wasn't I?"

He chuckled. "Little bit, but you made a few good points. We'll get salami and then some barbeque chips."

Grinning you took your pen from your bag and quickly wrote those down on the list. After a few more blocks you were at the grocery store. Jason grabbed the cart and leaned against the handle as he followed you around the store. You'd put multiple things in the cart, so focused on your list you didn't pay any attention to him. He was getting bored and impatient and maybe a little jealous that he currently had none of your attention. Not that he'd ever admit that.

So bored, Jason ended up deciding to do an experiment. Whenever you'd put something that was just a snack or not something that important, he'd put it back on the shelf when your back was turned. He did this every few items, trying to see if you'd notice the items missing. For a while, you didn't. However when you rechecked over the list...

"I could've sworn I put the cereal in here, and the container of frosting for Damian's birthday cake I promised Alfred I'd make. Half the list is missing." You groaned as Jason snickered. Eyes flickering to him. "What did you do?"

Jason's snickers turned to laughing. "I thought you'd notice sooner." You crossed your arms. "Well now we're stuck here even longer. Get the cart." You growled and walked away.

He stopped laughing and started following you. "[F/n], you're not actually mad are you?"

"Kinda" You didn't even bother to look back at him. Jason sighed, "I was just joking around [F/n]."

"I know, but I wanted to get this done so we could spend real time together before you had to go out and 'work' tonight." You glanced back at him and you could tell he was feeling guilty. "Babe..." You put your hand up. "Don't 'babe' me. Just help me get the stuff you put back."

His shoulders slumped as you both got the things he put back, you gave him the silent treatment the whole time. Soon enough you were checked out and lugging the bags back to your apartment. Thank the stars the elevator wasn't broken.

Arriving at the door, you gave Jason a few more of your bags and got out your keys to unlock it. Once inside you dropped all the bags on the counter. "Now we just have to put it all away." You mumbled and started unpacking the bags.

Jason sighed and wrapped his arms around your waist, "I'm sorry okay. I was just bored and was trying to get your attention."

Your hands sat atop of his around your front. "I know Jace, but you don't know what it's like here when you go out at night. I worry and I do appreciate you coming with me. It's just me delaying the inevitable, trying to squeeze out every drop I can out of the day. So when you waste some of it, then I feel like I'm missing out on actually doing something fun with you."

He nuzzled into your neck. "Grocery shopping with me isn't fun?" A smirk pulled at his lips and you chuckled. Turning in his arms, you rested your hands on his chest. "It's not not fun but it's not as fun as coming home and cuddling or going to the park or to lunch. Spending time that isn't doing chores or errands is more fun." You shrug.

Jason nodded and looked into your eyes. "What if I take off patrol tonight? Dick owes me one from that mission last month, we can have a date night. Make dinner together, watch a movie, and cuddle. Maybe something a little special for dessert." He winked as you giggled.

"I think that would be very nice and make-up for your little experiment." You grinned and kissed the underside of his chin.

"Then it's a date." He grinned before kissing you. Smiling you nodded, "but first, we really have to put these groceries away. The ice cream is melting."