Birthday Secret

Another birthday present!

---

It was that time of the year again. A very special day had made an appearance, your birthday! The amazing day that you came into this world, and Jason was grateful for this day more than anyone. Who knows where he'd be without you around?... Don't answer that.

Any who, Jason had to do something special for you. He loves you to the moon and back, but how could he show that to you?

That's when the light bulb turned on. Oh, did he have a plan, a very very special plan.

As you slept that morning Jason slipped out of bed quietly getting ready to put his plan into motion. However you were still passed out, completely unbeknownst to his absence.

Before the sunlight began to stream in through the windows, lightly pulling you awake. You probably would've fallen back asleep if you hadn't heard the sound of a pan falling to the floor and a string of expletives run out of a certain boyfriend's mouth.

Laughing you got out of bed and found him with a hand over his mouth, having tried to stop himself. He was hunched over picking up the pan in question. Though it didn't take him long to give you an innocent smile.

"Whatcha doin?" asking with a certain childish tone. Raising an eyebrow at him with a grin across your face.

"Just making my beautiful girlfriend her birthday breakfast." He stood up and walked over to you. Wrapping his arms around your waist and yours went around his neck. "Happy birthday" he said before kissing you. Making the smile on your lips grow wider. But you pulled away much to his dismay, "Finish making breakfast. I'm hungry" you laughed before pushing him away.

He only chuckled and shook his head before returning to the meal. You sat up on the counter and watched him. "So what should we do today?" asking as he continued.

"I actually have a few things planned." He answered while focusing on flipping a pancake. "Like what?"

"I was thinking maybe go to the bookstore, then just take a walk before getting lunch. After that maybe head to the movies and catch that movie you've been wanting to see before dinner." listing the idea he had for the day.

"Beauty and the Beast?!" You smiled widely and he nodded. "I think that sounds like a fantastic day."

He plated the food before picking them both up. "Yup, so are you planning on eating there or are you going to come to the table like us normal people."

Rolling your eyes you hopped down saying, "You sound like my mother." Making him laugh, how you love that laugh.

Both sitting down to eat, randomly talking about things. Him saying he won't have patrol or anything for the night and that he's all yours. Making you beam at him.

When finished Jason cleaned up the dishes as you went to get ready for the day. It didn't take you too long to shower, get dressed, and do your make-up.

When so, you both set out for the book store. Deciding to walk, though when Jason noticed a shiver go through you he detached his hand from yours and instead wrapped an arm around you. Pulling you into his side.

Keeping you warm until entering the small bookstore near your home. The both of you browsing the shelves together, eventually breaking away from the other. You had gone off to find a book you were dying to read recently. Upon finding you slid it from it's spot and headed over to the cashier.

However, when you took out your money to pay it was plucked from your grasp. "No way" a voice you recognized as Jason say. Turning to see him hand his card to the cashier, "It's your birthday, you're not paying for anything."