Pink Apron

Based off of an image by @m-alejandrita on Tumblr! (http://m-alejandrita.tumblr.com/post/147917194465/batboys)

---

You walked into your shared apartment after a long day at work, your feet hurt and your stomach was growling from you missing lunch. The smell of stew hit your nose the minute you walked in the threshold; making the emptiness in your stomach that much more prevalent.

Immediately you headed into the kitchen, following the scent after kicking off your shoes and hanging up your purse. Rounding the corner you were met with your boyfriend's back. He had on a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans, that made the pink strap around his neck and back that much more prevalent.

"Um, babe. What are you wearing?" You asked with an eyebrow raised.

He turned and your eyes widened at his front. Your boyfriend. Jason Todd. The Red Hood, was standing before you in a pink apron with a cupcake on it that read 'Kiss The Cook.' He smirked and held out his arms, a soup ladle in his hand. "You've seen the apron."

"It's hard to miss it babe" You walked closer. "Why exactly are you wearing it? Or better why do you have it?" Your head tilted to the side, displaying your confusion.

"I needed an apron, it was on sale at the thrift store, I saw an opportunity and took it." He shrugged and turned back to the large pot on the stove.

You wrapped your arms around his waist from behind. "And you chose a pink one? With a cupcake? That says 'Kiss The Cook'?" The bottom of your chin pressed against his back as you looked up at his face.

"You don't like it." He stated more than asked.

You shook your head and shrugged. "I don't hate it but it is an alarming wardrobe change for you. What's the real reason you bought it? I know there's a real reason?"

He chuckled and turned to you. "Well, you're right, there is a specific reason I bought it."

"And that would be?"

A smirk sprouted on his lips as he took a few steps back. "Read it"

You cocked and eyebrow before smiling. "You did not buy it just so I'd kiss you." A laugh escaping your lips, while a light blush tinged your cheeks.

His smirk grew a little bit. "You seriously doubt that I would?"

"No" You sighed and shook your head. Grinning you walked back over to him and wrapped your arms around his waist. Looking up at him expectantly. He gave you a crooked grin before leaning down to kiss you. His lips captured yours in a short chaste kiss.

When he pulled away you looked up at him smiling. "I like the apron now."

"Mhm, knew you would." He teased and you rolled his eyes before kissing him again.