Dropping The Drama

Tumblr Request: "I could use a good fic where Jason helps his s/o out after a Day Where There Was Too Much Family Drama Going On."

---

It happened again, you were visiting your family and it ended in a war amongst everyone. Whenever they're all together it always ends in some sort of fight and drama that somehow you always get caught in the middle of. It all ends in you just wanting to get home to see Jason and forget it ever happened.

The minute you reach the door to your home exhaustion just overwhelmed you. Opening the door you went straight to bed feeling terribly overwhelmed. Jason heard you come in and was surprised to not feel you enter the kitchen where he was making dinner.

"Doll?" He looked out into the hallway and followed your trail to the bedroom. Sighing when he found you already under the covers. Walking in the room he sat down next to you and ran a hand through your hair. "They were fighting again?"

Nodding against the pillow you didn't look up at him. He sighed and rubbed your shoulder, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Sitting up and leaning against him, your head on his shoulder. "I can only take so much. They go at it like kids, and about the dumbest things. There's always so much drama and we never can just have a good time. I just want to go over there and be with everyone and there not be an argument every other word."

Jason wrapped his arm around you and rubbed her back. "I know doll, I'm sorry. I wish I could help in some way." You nodded and hid your face in his neck. "Being with you is help enough."

That allowed a smile to pull at his lips. "How about you go take a shower and get in some clean, more comfortable clothes and I'll go finish dinner. Then we can watch a movie and eat some of the cookies Alfred sent me home with today. We can just relax and forget about everything."

Smiling, you rubbed his stomach and looked up at him. "What about patrol?" He shrugged at that, "I'll ask Dick or someone to cover for me. You and how you're feeling is too important for me to leave to go fight on the streets." Sighing you hugged him tighter, "You'd do that?" Jason nodded and returned your squeeze "Of course doll, I love you. I'd do anything for you."

After a few minutes you reluctantly let go. "Okay, I'll go take that shower so we can eat because I'm starving." He chuckled and kissed your forehead. "It's almost done so it should be ready when you get out." With a small nod you got up and headed to take your shower.

Jason was right and had dinner on the table by the time you came into the room. Like always everything smelt amazing and looked just the same. Though taste was out of this world and like always, Jason can lift your spirits with a single meal. It's like cooking was a hidden superpower for him.

Sitting at the table, you watched him do the dishes. "Are you sure you don't want help? You made it Jay, I should clean it." He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "You should relax babe." Standing up you grabbed a towel and started drying the dishes, "Helping you is relaxing." Sending him a smile while drying a pan.

After the dishes were finished and everything was cleaned up, Jason was pulling you to the couch. He put in your favorite movie before grabbing the container of cookies Alfred had made for the both of you and flopping beside you, making a laugh bubble from your throat.

Happily snuggling into his side, you finally relaxed completely. His arm draped around your shoulders while his other hand rubbed your arm. Placing a soft kiss on the crown of your head. "Feeling better?"

Humming in contentment you nodded and smiled. "You always know just what to do." He smiled and held you tighter, "Well I understand what it's like to have family drama. I'm always here for you doll, you can always talk to me."

You looked up and grinned at him. "And that's one of the many reasons I love you Jason Peter Todd." Chuckling he leaned down and kissed you softly. "I love you too, more than you can imagine."