Good At What You Do

Tumblr Request: Can I request a Jason fluff or smut piece where he finds out his girlfriend is a masked vigilante by her crashing through his apt window all banged up and needing stitches? I see this flipped around a lot and would love seeing how it would go if the roles were reversed! If you like this idea!! Thanks!"

---

Jason sighed as he sat down in bed. His helmet was tossed haphazardly into the corner of his room, his other gear shoved safely in the closet, hidden away from anyone who might look into the apartment. He ran a hand through his hair before falling back on his bed. Checking his phone and frowning when he didn't see any messages from you.

He tossed his phone up to his pillow and got up. Trudging into the kitchen he pulled out leftovers Alfred had brought him. In the quiet apartment, the beeps from the microwave were the only sound being made. Jason listened to the whirring of the machine as he leaned back against his counter, watching the plate turn round and a round

The only sounds seeping through the walls of his apartment being the cars and sirens outside, along with the crying newborn that lived a few apartments down. The walls were incredibly thin, but Jason was used to it. Nothing could really sneak up on him or scare him at this point in his life, he's seen it all.

Though he couldn't stop the jolt his body took at the sound of his living room window shattering, and a thud right after that. Jason grabbed one of his guns and whirled around the corner into the living room. Expecting to see a villain or burglar, not his girlfriend strewed out on the floor groaning.

"[F/n]!" He dropped the gun and rushed over to you. Your eyes met his and you smiled tiredly. "Hi Jaybabe." Saying weakly as blood seeped through your suit.

Jason looked at your choice of clothing, recognizing the emblem on your chest. His eyes widened, "You're [s/h/n]?" You chuckled and turned your head sluggishly to look at him. "Surprise"

About an hour later, Jason had you more lucid and was finishing the last of your stitches. He was unbearably quiet, you looked over at him. "Remember when you did this to me?" Smiling at him, you expected at least a chuckle but Jason's face stayed hard.

You sighed and stayed silent while watching him. He finished wrapping gauze around your arm, and tossed the rest of his stuff in the first aid kit. "You're good" he mumbled and peeled off his gloves while getting up to wash his hands. "Jason" you called after him, using the couch to support yourself while following him. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how."

"Don't give me that [F/n]" He turned to you. "I don't want to hear excuses."

You rolled your eyes, "Don't act like you never said that to anyone Jason. Not everyone knows you're Red Hood." Your arms crossed over your chest.

"I told you" Your eyes flickered up to his. "I told you at the beginning of our relationship, so you wouldn't be in danger."

"I know Jason, and I wanted to tell you then but I wasn't ready. I know how you feel about heroes, you're not the biggest fan of the methods we use. Not all of us can cross the lines you do Jay. So, I didn't want you to judge me for what [s/h/n] does. For her affiliation with the Justice League. To your family." You justified, taking a few steps toward him. Your hand slipped in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I was gonna tell you. When you had better feelings about what the Justice League does and understand that we all don't have the stomach to take measures you do. I respect your tactics babe, and I wouldn't ask you to change. So do the same for me."

A feeling of relief washed over you when you felt him squeeze your hand back. His eyes met yours and he could see the sincerity in them. Sighing, he pulled you into his arms. "I understand."

Your arms wrapped around him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I love you."

"I know" He pulled back to look at you. "I just can't believe I didn't figure it out." His chest vibrated as he chuckled and you grinned. "I'm just that good Todd. I'm just that good."