Pickles & Spaghettios?

This is not a request but I've had this idea for a while and really wanted to write it! I hope you loves enjoy and I'd love any feedback!!!

-----------

The cashier looked at Jason with a strange expression then back down at the items before him. It was 3am and snowing out meaning Jason was the only person in the 24 hour bodega. He was in a hoodie, sweats, and a winter coat, from the looks of him it seemed he had just rolled out of bed. The cashier sighed, beginning to scan the items: a jar of pickles, spray cheese, vanilla icing, and a single can of Spaghettios. Four very odd items to buy at 3am.

Jason saw the look on the cashiers face and fished out his wallet from the pocket of his hoodie. "My girlfriends pregnant. She's had weird cravings." He explained his reasoning for him being there and the cashier nodded in understanding.

"My wife was the same way during her first pregnancy." He smiled and handed Jason his change. "Goodnight and good luck young man."

Jason nodded and headed out the door. He pulled his hood up to block the blistering winds and fluttering snowflakes from hitting his face as much as he could, speed walking down the walkway to get to his apartment building.

Luckily it wasn't too far and he was home in about ten minutes. His fingers were numb as he fumbled for his keys and finally made it inside the warmth of his apartment. A deep sigh escaping him at the feeling of his nose and fingers dethawing, he always hated Gotham winters and the freezing temperatures that came with it.

After slipping out of his boots and hanging up his jacket, he found you on the couch with a hand rubbing up and down your baby bump which was just beginning to show while watching old reruns on Nick@Nite. Your dog protectively beside you on the couch, watching the hallway that led to the front door with his ears perked and ready to act at the first sign of a threat.

However, his tail began wagging excitedly when he saw Jason and his ears went back to a comfortable position.

This caused you to finally look over, a smile pulling on your lips. "Did you get it?"

"Yes I did doll" He held up the white plastic bag, causing you to squeal and wave him over.

You silently clapped your hands together. "You are the beeest"

He came over and sat on your side where your dog wasn't occupying. Watching as you grabbed the bag and a look of disgust pulling on his face.

You pulled the top of the cold Spaghettios can off and squirt the cheese inside before using a pickle to scoop a portion up and take a bite.

Soon a look of absolute horror overcame him as you dipped the pickle in the frosting and ate it. "I'm gonna be sick." He grumbled quietly beside you, causing your dog to tilt his head.

Looking away from the TV you scowled at him. "I'm carrying your child, get over it." Saying before taking another bite of your Spaghettio concoction, maintaining eye contact the whole time.

"You dipped a pickle in frosting.... I have a right to be disgusted." He rolled his eyes, watching you feed the dog one of the small meatballs out of the can. "You didn't even warm the Spaghettios up."

"Don't blame me." You pointed a pickle at him. "Blame your future daughter or son, they're doing this to me."

Rolling his eyes Jason leaned down toward your belly. "Hey champ or sweetheart? Can you please stop making your mommy eat this shit. Ow!" He yelped as you smacked his arm.

You glared at him. "Don't say curse words to 'em."

"[F/n] they can't even hear yet." He chuckled.

You grumbled with a cute pout and the last bite of your concoction. "I still don't like it."

Jason chuckled beside you while resting his hand on your belly. "Even if they give you weird cravings at 3am I still wouldn't change anything for the world." A smile pulled at his lips as he kissed your cheek.

Sighing, you rested your hand on top of his while meeting his eyes. "Thank you baby, I know you've had to do a lot for me." You gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I would do anything for you doll, pregnancy or not." His thumb caressed your belly, gliding over the fabric of your shirt.

Smiling your hand came up and cupped his cheek, gently caressing his cheekbone while watching his gorgeous blue eyes. You gave him a soft kiss before pulling back. "I love you Jaybird, I'm so happy to be having your baby."

You could swear his eyes misted a little at that statement, but he blinked it away and this time kissed you softly. "I love you too doll. Lets get some sleep while we still can, yeah?"

Giggling with a nod you both got up to head to bed, your dog right on your heels the entire way and curling up at your feet as you and climbed into bed. He wrapped his arm around you to spoon and keep a protective hand on your belly as you both drifted off back to sleep.