Strep-Test

Tumblr Request: "Female reader insert x Jason where reader is sick and goes to the doctor and has to break the news of what ails them to Jason. What ails them and such is up to you. Preferred fluff ending, if possible. Thank you!"

---

A coughing fit jostled you out of your sleep, a groan filling the air while you sat up. However, it wasn't coming from you. Jason was held his throat before reaching for his glass of water on the nightstand. He took a sip before he mumbled a groggy 'sorry.'

Sighing, you scooched closer and held the back of your hand to his forehead. "You're a little warm." Saying before you pulled back your covers and headed to the kitchen to get him some medicine. Jason got up and followed you. "Babe I'm fine, I promise. Just a tickle."

"You've been coughing all week." You crossed your arms and faced him. He shook his head, "It's been cold patrolling, I promise it's nothing but a cold."

Sighing you stepped toward him, "Swear?"

He chuckled and cupped your cheeks. "Promise" He gently kissed you. With a sigh, you relaxed into it before pulling away. "Ok, but you're not patrolling tomorrow? And I swear if you get me sick because of that kiss.." You pointed at him and Jason put his hands up. "I will take care of you."

"You better" Jason chuckled at your comment before following you back to bed.

A few days later, you had formed a little tickle in your throat. It made you start coughing and hacking non-stop and blaming Jason for it all. You knew he was sick but he kept brushing it off and now whatever he had, you caught.

Empty cough drop wrappers were basically slipping out of your pockets, as you attempted to use them to soothe your aching throat. Your coughs became worse and worse before your boss told you to head home one day and see a doctor. She didn't want you working yourself to death while sick.

With little argument, you agreed. Deciding to stop by the minute-clinic on the way home.

They got you in surprisingly quickly, and started to examine your throat and tonsils. They were swollen and the doctor noticed small white spots at the back of your throat. He ordered a rapid strep-test because all the symptoms pointed to strep-throat.

After taking a swab the doctor left, leaving you to curse your boyfriend under your breath.

About 15 minutes later, the results were positive and you were prescribed an antibiotic. You grumbled and groaned your entire walk home. Thinking about how you were gonna chew Jason out for giving you strep.

You walked in the door to find him asleep on the couch. Tossing the prescription bottle, you managed to hit him in the face, waking him up. "Hey!" He yelped while rubbing his nose, greeted with you with your arms crossed and a glare pointed at him.

"Just a cold huh?"

Jason's eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at the bottle of antibiotics. "You go to see a doctor for your throat?" He questioned casually.

"Yes, and I have strep! You gave me strep! Now I can't go to work tomorrow." You threw your arms up, however the tone you had taken with him made your throat burn. Wincing, your hand gently held it. "This is your fault."

He couldn't help but chuckle a little as he stood up. "I'm sorry I got you sick, I honestly thought it was just a cold."

"Mhm, sure."

"I swear!"

"Whatever you say babe." You walked around him and stole his place on the couch. He cocked an eyebrow at you before you smirked. "Will you make me some tea? You promised to take care of me."

He chuckled and came closer to kiss your forehead. "Whatever you want doll."