Fight In You

Tumblr Request: "I'll send a request jules! How about a Jason x fem!reader where reader has a shitty experience walking home one night bc of some jackass guys and he teaches her how to defend herself/fight?"

Warning: Assault, attempted sexual assault (all just mentioned)

---

When you walked in through the door, your arms wrapped around yourself. Your coat was gone as well as your purse while a bruise began to form by your eye. It still hurt, so you went to the kitchen to get an ice pack from the freezer. While you held it to your eye, you gazed at the clock. 12:43. You knew you shouldn't have walked home alone that late, Jason had warned you millions of times, but still you walked home alone after finishing your job at a 24 hour diner.

If it weren't for the strangers who yelled into the alley, scaring off your attackers, they might've gotten away with your life as well as your purse and coat, and who knows what else they could've done to you.

The worst case scenarios flashed through your mind, making your eyes clench tight, trying to push such thoughts away.

You were pulled away from your thoughts at the sound of boots walking across the wood floor of your living room. You looked up to see Jason standing in the doorway of the kitchen, his helmet hanging in his hand at his side. His eyes held concern when he saw the black eye forming and dropped his helmet, his long legs only taking a couple strides for him to be in front of you.

"What happened?" He pulled off his glove before gently caressing your face. "I-" You tried to say before the words choked off and your face buried in his chest, tears streaming down your face. His chest plate was hard and cold, but his arms were warm as they wrapped around you. "I-I was so st-stupid."

"Baby?" He rubbed your back, "What happened?"

"I-I got mugged, b-but they were in-interrupted. Th-they were g-gonna..." You trailed off and Jason hushed you, not needing you to finish to know what happened. He hugged you tighter, trying to make you feel safe. "You're okay now, I've got you."

And for the rest of the night, he did. He didn't go back out on patrol. He stayed in and comforted you. Assuring you everything was okay, and that he'd cancel your credit cards in the morning for you.

The next day, you felt better. Jason tended to everything you needed and made sure you felt safe. At one point he even made you laugh by saying how even with a black eye you 'look like a smoke fest.' He was doing his hardest to make you feel better, but he was also thinking of ways to make your walk home safer if he wasn't there to walk you.

You caught him staring at you while eating dinner, setting down your fork you met his gaze. "Babe?"

"I want to teach you how to fight."

That caught you off guard. You stared at him blankly for a moment. "Jason..." He shook his head, "I want you to be able to protect yourself incase I'm not there. Or anyone else. What if, god forbid, something like last night happens again but nobody is there to stop them?"

You went silent for a moment before reluctantly nodding in agreement. "You're right. I should learn. I-I'm just scared." Jason reached over and took your hand in his. "We'll do it together. I promise everything will be alright." You nodded and squeezed his hand, "Thank you baby." He nodded and kissed the back of your hand. You smiled at him before going back to your meal, maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Your fists came in contact with the punching bag for the last time before Jason called for you to rest. You were standing in the cave, this was the fifth self defense session you'd had with Jason and his family. They all had taken a part in teaching you how to fight, you'd become a sister to them all and they wanted to make sure you were safe.

Jason came over, tossing you a water bottle and towel for the sweat dripping down your brow. Thanking him, you wiped your face and took a drink of the water. Jason had his hands on his hips as he looked at you, "You okay? You were going pretty hard."

Nodding, you looked up at him. "Yeah, I just... was thinking about that night." Jason sighed and cupped your face, stroking under the eye where the bruise had already healed. "I know, it draws a lot of emotions for you. But keep using that for this, get those emotions out here."

"Yeah." You nodded and looked down at the bottle of water. Jason frowned and caught your chin, tilting your head up to look at him. He kissed you gently. "I'm here to talk too, if you need it babygirl." You smiled at him and kissed him again. "Thank you Jaybabe."

He smiled down at you before letting his hand slide down to tap you on the butt. "C'mon, lets spar." Your eyes widened, "You want me to spar with you?"

Jason smirked, "Scared you're gonna lose?" He taunted and you shook your head smiling. "Loser buys dinner?"

"Deal."