Misplaced The Ring

You weren't supposed to be home yet. In fact you were supposed to be home in a few hours. However, after finishing your work early, your supervisor allowed you to go home. All honesty, you were excited. It was only two o'clock and you had the entire day to do whatever you wanted. As a doctor at Gotham General, it wasn't often you got off early. More than often you got overtime. But there's a first time for anything.

When you walked in your apartment door, you weren't expecting to hear Jason home and rustling around. "Dude, is it at your place? If she finds out I lost it you'll lose your best friend....Roy have you found it?!" You rose an eyebrow as Jason yelled into his phone. "Jason? What are you doing?"

He immediately spun around. "[F/n]! Hey babe, what are you doing home so early?" Hanging up on Roy he walked over and kissed your cheek. "They let me go early after having so many hours this past week." Accepting the kiss with a confused look on your face. "Why are you tearing the apartment apart?"

Jason looked around nervously. "I...um...I was looking for my copy of 'The Sun Also Rises.' You seen it?" Walking over to the bookshelf you pulled it out. "It's where it always is Jay. You literally have that organized by author."

He hit the side of his head with his left hand. "Duh, that's why you're the one who went to med school." Though you noticed something, grabbing his left hand you examined it. "Where's your wedding band?"

"Oh, um." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Jason" Your voice lowered dangerously. He laughed nervously, "Let me explain. So I uh, I may have...Accidentally...Misplaced it." Keeping his eyes from meeting yours.

"YOU WHAT?!"

"But I'm looking! Everywhere! I'm going to find it and it's going to be alright." He tried to calm you down, though it wasn't helping as you fumed. "Why did you even take it off?!" Your hands were thrown up to accentuate your point.

"I don't know! I was probably washing my hands or training or something. I'm so sorry [F/n], I'm gonna find it I promise." Sighing you pinched the bridge of your nose. "Where haven't you looked yet?" He pointed down the hall, "the bathroom and our bedroom." With a huff you turned and went to check the bathroom.

As he was flipping over the couch cushions, his phone rang. He saw Alfred's name and answered. "Hey Alfred" he tucked the phone between his ear and shoulder. 'Hello Master Jason. It appears left your wedding band in the cave after being stitched up last night. I have just found it in the medical bay.'

Jason sighed in relief. "Thank god" All of a sudden he heard snickering of his brothers in the background. 'How much trouble are you in?' Dick asked, obviously Alfred put him on speaker. He scoffed "I'm not in trouble."

"JASON PETER TODD! THAT BETTER BE THE PERSON WHO FOUND YOUR RING OR SO HELP ME I WILL STAB YOU WITH A SCALPEL!" Your voice came from the hallway and his brothers started hysterically laughing on the other end. Even earning a chuckle from Alfred. 'No, not trouble. More like murder.' Tim laughed harder.

"Shut up! I'm on my way" Jason said before hanging up.

You walked back into the room, eyebrow raised as he pulled on his boots. "Found it?" He nodded, "I left it at the manor when Alfred was patching me up last night."

Your frustrated and angry expression softened. "You didn't tell me you got hurt last night."

Jason shrugged and wrapped his arms around your waist. "You were working late and I didn't want to worry you. It was just a graze, I'm okay." Sighing you reached up and kissed his chin. "I'm sorry I got mad, I just like it to see the ring on your finger. It reminds me of how we fell him love."

He smiled before kissing you sweetly. "I know, and that's why I always make sure to wear it. I love you." Grinning you kissed him back, "I love you too."

Jason rubbed your sides. "How about you go change out of your scrubs then we'll both go to get the ring and then a late lunch after. Whatever you want."

A large smile blossomed on your face. "You sure know how to make up to a girl Todd."