You Were Mine

This was for a writing contest for my friend (@an-all-write-life) on tumblr's milestone!

Warnings: Stalker, violence, some cursing

---

You gasped for air as your back came in contact with the wall behind you. Your spine smashed through the drywall from the force of the throw and you couldn't help but sink down to the floor. Hacking and wheezing to try and fill your lungs with the oxygen they needed. Once your lungs began to expand you stared at your attacker through the tears pooling in your eyes. "Ben please. Stop."

Your pleads were only cut off by a hand wrapping around your throat, cutting off your windpipe and that precious oxygen your lungs begged for. He lifted you by the neck and pinned you to the wall, your nails dug into his wrist. His other hand caressed your cheek and you flinched. "No matter how far you run from me you will always be mine, and I'm bringing you home. But first I'm gonna kill the man you think is so great now, the one who you let touch you, kiss you. Only I can do that." He growled in your face and your mind immediately flashed to the man you love. Jason.

You met Jason within your first month of moving to Gotham. He saved you from a mugger and made sure you got back home safe. After that night he checked up on you everyday and soon that turned into the first healthy relationship you'd had in a long time. Jason eventually learned about your past, he had suspicions because of the way you flinched when you'd first started dating, but eventually you told him what happened with Ben. That's when he began to try and get you to move in with him so he could protect you, but you weren't quite ready yet.

You wished he was here now, you wished you'd have moved in with him. Your eyes screwed shut as you gasped, "Please. Please just don't hurt him. I'll go just don't hurt him."

Ben gave you a sadistic smirk. It was a smirk you knew too well, he had planned something. Just then you heard the click of the lock and the door opened. "Babe? I got your text." At the sound of Jason's voice Ben threw you to the floor, a loud thud echoed in your apartment. "[F/n]?" He called with more concern after hearing you fall.

Suddenly Ben pulled a gun from his waistband at the time Jason turned the corner. "JASON!" You yelled before gunshots filled the air. Drywall blew off the wall and you had seen Jason jump out of the way. "You fucking bastard!" Ben yelled and shot the gun again but Jason had taken cover behind the wall. "You can't have her! She's mine!"

Gunshot after gunshot he emptied his clip. As soon as the click of the empty clip sounded, Jason sprung into action. He rounded from around the wall and charged at him, he threw Ben against the wall before punching him. Ben tried to fight back but Jason was too strong, he threw him to the ground before pinning him down. Jason grabbed his collar in one hand before bombarding him with his other fist.

He yanked him up by his collar. "If I ever see you within a centimeter of her again I won't hesitate to snap your fucking neck." Ben spit some blood out and onto the floor. Jason snarled before punching one last time and knocking him out.

Immediately he got off him and rushed over to you. "[F/n]! [F/n] are you okay?" He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest. Feeling the comfort of his arms around you and his chest against your cheek made you finally break down. You gripped his shirt and buried your face in his chest.

Jason rubbed your back and tried his best to soothe you. He held you close and placed gentle kisses to your forehead. You felt him pull away only slightly before you heard him start talking on the phone. It was the police. You stayed latched onto his shirt and buried in his chest.

Soon the sound of shoes hitting the floor came from the door. Jason picked you up and you finally picked your head up out of his chest, just in time to see the police cuffing your ex before Jason carried you out of the apartment. "Paramedics are taking you to the hospital okay?" Jason whispered and you looked up at him, gripping his shirt "Don't leave me alone."

He shook his head. "Not a chance." Nodding you buried your face back in his neck, "How'd you know to come?"

"I got a text from who I thought was you, but he must've sent it from you phone." He answered and you held onto him tighter. "He wanted to hurt you, to kill you."

Jason nodded, "I know, but I won't let that happen. I'm here to protect you, I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise me"

"I promise."