in his arms!!

That evening they went to temple.
The priest came and told them about the function the next day for which the ladies have to fast. He told them that those who ever fasts and breaks their fast in this temple, will be blessed with a long marital life.

Nandini decided to keep fast for Manik.

They returned home as they have to make preparations for the next day's function.

At manan's room:

Manik: nandini tomorrow you are not going to fast!

Nandini: but how do you know that I am going to keep a fast?

Manik: the glow on your eyes, the excitement which you cannot control in your eyes, I can see it. I learnt from your eyes that some mischief is running inside your mind. I just had a doubt about your fast but with your reply I confirmed.

Nandini: but Manik this is for our long living only na Manik..

Manik was smiling inwards as he heard something about them from her mouth.

Nandini: Manik where are you lost??

Manik: nothing..... It's final that you are not going to keep fast.

Nandini: we will see that tomorrow.

Manik: no you must obey my words atleast in this matter. If you are not obeying my words then think on your own. You cannot obviously stay without eating for the entire day when all the kidos in this house will be eating ice cream u know.....( Manik was tempting to convince her not to keep fast but heartily he wanted her to keep fast because it is for them. But considering her health, he let it go)

Nandini: don't tempt me manik!

Manik: think, how you will be when I eat your ice cream in front of your eyes and you must simply sit quiet without eating 😉😉

Nandini: let's see tomorrow Manik! Now good night...

Manik: good night but think about what I told you...

Early morning 4 am:

Nandini and Manik were hugging each other and sleeping. His hands were on her waist and she was lying on his shoulder.

Nandini suddenly woke up from sleep as she have to prepare herself for the fast.

Due to sudden movement of her manik's sleep was disturbed.

Manik: Nandini sleep na. Where are you going this early ?

Nandini: you sleep I will just be back...

Manik: yeah it's ok. But come soon.

Nandini: you sleep Manik.

Saying so Nandini got up from the bed and took bath. She went downstairs and saw all the ladies of her family waiting for her. They had food as they were not going to eat anything until they go to the temple which will happen only by evening.