Chapter 9

Third Person's POV

"Why didn't you tell me about this?!" Jennie and Rosé questioned Jisoo as soon as she approached them at the living room

Jisoo sighed and slumped on the couch with them, aware of their gazes on her.

"Believe me, I didn't expect this to happen either." Jisoo muttered but since the girls are sitting close to her, they heard her words.

"Then why did you say yes to the engagement? Unnie are you out of your mind!"  Rosé exclaimed, she always believes that marriage is a one time magical thing with your true love.

"Well I know that you only agreed on behalf of satisfying your father, but Jisoo.. Think about it, this will affect you, your life, your reputation..." Jennie trailed off

"I know." Jisoo said blankly.

Jisoo heard the girls sigh.

"Hmm, when is Lisa coming back again?" Jisoo asked, changing the topic.

"Actually Unnie, she called earlier and wanted to speak with you. But I told her you're not really in the mood.." Rosé trailed off "Uhm she told me to tell you that she's gonna bring her mother and her caretaker here in Seoul so she could keep an eye on them. And she wants to ask if.. Her mother can stay here?" Rosé continued.

"Of course. There's a lot of room here for them. Tell her its okay to let them stay here." Jisoo replied without hesitation, she would sometimes go with Lisa and visit Thailand from time to time. Lisa's mother sort of like became her mother too.

"Its getting late, I'm tired so I'll be heading up to my room first. Goodnight" Jisoo said as she stood up, without waiting for their reply, she walked upstairs and headed straight to her room.

She sat on the bed and took sharp intake of breaths. She felt breathless, like she was lacking oxygen.

Why does the world have to be so cruel. She thought vaguely as she let herself fall freely on the bed making a soft thud.

She stared at the ceiling in a daze, her arms spread open, then she averted her gaze to the crystal chandelier.

Why can't I just have a normal life. She thought, it would be better if she's not this rich. Then she wouldn't have to stress herself out with all these problems and sacrifices she has to do.

She sighed once again, she sat upright and scanned her room. She saw a glimpse of her paintings leaned against the wall on the corner, she stared at them one by one, she saw her painting of Taehyung. Her gaze lingered for a moment. Staring blankly at the painting.

It wasn't until she heard a knock that she was snapped out of her trance,

"Come in" she said nonchalantly and leaned on the headboard of the bed against the pillows.

A flushed Jennie came in sight, she looked like she'd been crying. Jisoo furrowed her brows and sat properly, patting the bedsheets as if motioning for her to sit.

Jennie sat at the edge of the bed and faced her.

"Jennie? What happened? Have you been crying?" Jisoo interrogated

"Uh yeah, I accidentally.. poked my eye when I was putting on eyeliner." she said casually

Jisoo raised an eyebrow at her, who puts on eyeliner when going to bed?

She decided not to pry and change the topic.

Before she could open her mouth to speak someone spoke, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uhm Jisoo unnie, I know the timing is bad but, Its er.. urgent..?" Jennie suddenly spoke

"About what?" Jisoo asked

"Its about work." Jennie muttered

"Anything to distract myself" Jisoo muttered silently "What about it?" she asked again

"Well you know I have a photoshoot with Min Yoongi, the new model recruited in the agency, I was wondering if you can possibly.. cancel it? Or just..." Jennie trailed off

Before she can speak again. Jisoo beat her to it "Waeyo? What's wrong with him?"

"Eh, I'm just not comfortable with him." Jennie paused, then added "Cause he's new and all. I didn't even meet him yet" she scoffed

"Mmkay, I'll try." Jisoo said to which Jennie looked at her confusingly

"I can't just cancel or change your partner. He's not just a newbie you know. He was once a popular model in Huan Agency. Having a skilled model as your partner would be a good thing for the magazine." Jisoo explained

Jennie paused, then slowly nodded understandingly

"Its okay Unnie, Its not really a big deal. Mianhae if I bothered you over a small thing" Jennie said sheepishly

"Its fine. Go get some rest" Jisoo said  flatly, Jennie just nodded and muttered goodnight before exiting the room.

That night, Jisoo had trouble sleeping. She tossed and turned but still couldn't sleep at all. It was when she finally fluttered her eyelids close that her alarm suddenly rang.

"Darn it." she hissed grumpily and sat groggily, reaching out to turn off the alarm.

Today's gonna be a long day.

~~~

UwU yah nothing much happened here, Jennie's POV will be next :) btw it might take me a while to update cause me and my friends are currently working on a collab story. Not yet published. We're still working on it. Anyway if you wanna check out the account here it is. PettyandNasty

Apologies for typos and grammatical errors. I don't have time to edit them now. Classes are soon gonna start, I'm working on 2 ongoing stories, and my wifi's just fucked up. Lol sorry. I'm hungry right now *-*

Yeah thanks for being patient, feel free to follow my account for updates

**Votes, Comments, and Sharing are highly appreciated**

👑👑👑