Chapter 34

Third Person's POV

"After Aunt Hee told us about the engagement, neither Hyumin and I said anything, we just agreed with no questions asked." Jisoo continued her elaboration with a sigh

"Jisoo.." Taehyung finally spoke after listening to everything "That confession.. was for me?" he hesitated

"Ahem-" Jisoo averted her eyes somewhere at the side and answered after a moment, "Yeah."

Taehyung's lips slowly raised to a sly smile "Jisoo, can you repeat your confession here right now?" he requested

"Um.." Jisoo's heart raced, flustered, "I.. I can't.. It's embarrassing" Jisoo covered her reddish face with both hands

"Embarrassing huh?" Taehyung mused, pulling Jisoo's chin upwards, making eye contact with her mesmerizing black orbs.

Jisoo stared in a daze at Taehyung's blue eyes, wanting to say something yet.. the scene in front of her was truly too ethereal.

They both intently stared each other in a daze for who knows how long.. until Taehyung pushed Jisoo down the couch causing her to fall on her back while Taehyung hovers above her, never breaking eye contact.

"Taehyung.." Jisoo muttered softly, her voice unintentionally turned raspy, causing Taehyung's pupils to abruptly contract.

Taehyung leaned closer, sealing her lips with his.

--- Park Estate ---

"Madam please take a rest, you've been watching over Hyumin for a few days now." Emma, Hee Seonmi's right hand and assistant, approached

"No. There's so much to do and so much to keep in place. Just like that bastard." Hee Seonmi sighed and rubbed her throbbing temples as she sat on a couch. "Are there any updates on them?" she inquired

"Uh.. madam these are the most recent pictures sent early this morning. They were spotted last night..." Emma handed over a phone hesitantly

"Give me that." Hee Seonmi swiped through the pictures one by one, her expression evidently getting darker and darker. It were pictures of Jisoo and Taehyung, out in the open.. having a romantic candlelit dinner.

"The apple doesn't fall far away from the tree indeed." Hee Seonmi's dark voice was heard. These past few weeks, the men she paid to trail Jisoo and Taehyung have been sending reports daily. As time passes, she noticed how Jisoo and Taehyung practically looked like a real couple. She heard they were already on good terms too.

"This bastard dares steal Hyumin's fiancé?" Hee Seonmi chuckled, her voice chilling and eerie.

"Not on my watch."

The atmosphere in the Park Estate turned chilly due to Hee Seonmi's current temperament.

"Emma."

"Yes.. madam?" Emma's back instantly straightened stiffly.

"Call Jisoo and tell her to come over."

"Come over.. now?" Emma asked softly afraid to peek at her madam's reaction

Hee Seonmi paused and ran her fingernails through the armrest of the couch, a hollow trail of indent left behind.

"Yes. Tell her.." Hee Seonmi stopped and looked at Emma with unfathomable eyes "..it's an emergency."

"Ri... right away madam.." Emma held her breath as her eyes met Hee Seonmi's. Serving her for so many years, she knew Hee Seonmi had completely dropped her facade. She swiftly scuttled aside to follow Hee Seonmi's orders, afraid that the madam's anger would be vented out on her instead.