Chapter 32: Do We Have A Chance?

Third Person's POV

"Wh..what?"

Am I hearing things again? Jisoo thought weirdly, looking at Taehyung with a complicated expression

"Jisoo.. I like you too." Taehyung sighed deeply, knowing that Jisoo felt the same, he couldn't contain himself. Things are gonna get messier.

"Are you kidding?" Jisoo blurted, there was an awkward deafening silence for god knows how long, they just stared at each other incredulously, trying to process what the other is thinking.

"Wait don't answer.. can we just sit down for a while? Uh.." Jisoo held on to her forehead, is this a dream? Is Taehyung playing with me again?

"Ok." Taehyung answered after a moment of pursing his own lips. He saw that Jisoo look as muddled as he is so he took initiative and dragged Jisoo by the bed, motioning for her to sit with him.

"So..." Jisoo started, but she couldn't find the right words to say..

"So.. We actually like each other, and we're both oblivious to it." Taehyung continued

As always, straight forward Taehyung. Jisoo internally did an eyeroll, well at least he tried to start and ease the awkward atmosphere.

"Yes.. uh I did not expect this at all. I'm kinda shaken.." Jisoo said honestly, what's there to hide now?

"The feeling is mutual." Taehyung mused

...*another round of awkward silence*

"ahem" Taehyung cleared his throat intentionally "so... we probably have questions to ask right? I mean-"

"yeah." Jisoo muttered, cutting him off "Taehyung, since.. since when did you harbor feelings for me?" Jisoo asked in a tiny voice, unable to look at him.

"Since.. since day one. Through all those interactions from high school to college, I fell deeper for you." Taehyung stated, looking at Jisoo who's currently fiddling with her fingers. "This sounds cringy but at first I really thought it was just a crush and it would eventually pass so I never tried to confess. But I was wrong, my feelings for you are still intact as ever." Taehyung continued

"Really? You didn't figure out that I also had feelings for you back then? That.. that day when I tried to approach you, I was planning to confess, yet you said that.. You despised people like me" Jisoo trailed off, vividly remembering the details.

"I had a feeling.. but you seem closer to Hyumin, it made me feel.. unworthy." Taehyung sighed "Anyway, after college graduation, I regretted what I said to you that day, I regretted shutting you out, and.. I regretted hurting you. A week later, I planned to visit you at your mansion, but.. it didn't go as planned" Taehyung said, vaguely recalling the day Jennie told him how Jisoo and Hyumin are.. in love with each other.

"What went wrong..?" Jisoo asked curiously, finally looking up and facing Taehyung.

"I.. I found out about your engagement with Hyumin and.." how you're practically in love. Taehyung thought, not daring to voice out the last bit of what he meant to say.

"and..?" Jisoo waited, furrowing her eyebrows

"Nothing." Taehyung looked away, Jisoo and Hyumin were in love. She probably still has lingering feelings for Hyumin but it was redirected to me since.. since I was the one with her for the past five months.