Chapter 39: Take a Gamble

-edited

Third Person's POV

Park Estate

Jisoo got down from the van, instructing the driver to stay outside and wait for her.

"Isn't it dangerous to go there alone? Should I inform Mr. Kim?" the driver said

"No. I can settle this alone. Once 20 minutes have passed and I'm still not coming out, call the police." Jisoo said.

"But-"

"Do not disobey me." Jisoo warned as she turned around to enter

I can and I will bring you down Hee Seonmi.

"Greetings Miss Kim" the maid bowed, already expecting her at the front door "Do enter and follow me, madam has been expecting you."

Jisoo nodded in acknowledgement and followed the maid silently, Jisoo observed her and seemed to have found her more and more familiar..

isn't this the assistant that is always with Hee Seonmi?

She's the one who served me the lemon juice the other day. Jisoo's expression suddenly darkened

The maid led her to a study room upstairs, which was intriguing since most guests should be staying in the living room.

"madam is waiting for you inside, Miss Kim." the maid bowed

Jisoo was on high alert, slowly opening the door to enter, she subtly looked sideways and can see that the maid was still standing by the door as if on guard.

I doubt she only called me here for a compromise. This is not an ordinary negotiation.

Jisoo closed the door and saw Hee Seonmi seated on a chair beside the study table

"Take a seat, Jisoo" Hee Seonmi instructed calmly

Jisoo saw two other chairs, one close to where Hee Seonmi was and one a little bit further by the bookshelf and much closer to the door. Of course Jisoo sat on the chair by the bookshelf, Hee Seonmi observed Jisoo's actions and chuckled lowly.

"Jisoo, are you scared I might do something to you?" Hee Seonmi asked, her eyes glinting darkly

Jisoo stayed silent and did not respond to that question, instead, she said "Enough beating around the bush. I'm here now so Aunt Alice should be safe now right?"

"Of course. As long as you agree to my terms." Hee Seonmi mused, "Now for our.. compromise."

"It's really simple. cancel the hearing tomorrow, give me all the evidences you have gathered against me, and.. give me back what you've taken from me"

Jisoo smirked inwardly, already anticipating this.

"I.. I can give you the evidences and urge Taehyung to cancel the hearing." Jisoo said with much difficulty.. "But how can I be sure that you'll let Aunt Alice go once I've done those?"

"Oh dear, am I really that untrustworthy?" Aunt Hee asked, disappointed "Emma." Hee Seonmi called

"Yes madam?" the assistant guarding the door instantly peeked inside

"Regarding Alice Manoban, tell her not to trouble herself anymore and cancel the original plan." Hee Seonmi instructed.

"Right away madam." Emma turned to leave

"Wait, stay here when you make the call and put your phone on speaker" Hee Seonmi said, slyly glancing at Jisoo