Bucky||you're ok

////

It was a quiet night in the avengers base. I was reading in my room, enjoying the peace and quiet that didn't occur very often. Everything seemed very calm which slightly worried me since it was a very rare occasion for it to be like this.

I turned a page, my eyes scanning the page before I read it out of habit. Suddenly someone burst through my door scaring the shit out of me. I jumped, my book flying in the air which resulted in me losing my page.

I looked over to my doorway to see Sam smirking in amusement. "Deadly assassin huh?" Sam smirked. "What do you want" I said, slightly irritated. "Bucky. He-" before Sam could finish I jumped off my bed and ran past him, sprinting to Buckys room. When I got there I could hear screaming and yelling coming from his room, majority from Bucky but some from Steve. 

I lightly knocked on the door. Seconds later it opened slightly to Steve's face peering through the gap. A sigh of relief left his lips when he saw me. He stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him, leaving Bucky alone in his room. "HYDRA flashbacks" Steve sighed, looking at the ground. "Yeah I know. Sam came and got me" I said, hearing faint screams from Bucky. I heard heavy footsteps coming up behind me and turned to see Sam panting, walking over with his hands on his hips, trying to catch his breath. "Holy shit. She's fast" Sam said between breaths. "Deadly assassin," I said pointing to myself "Guy in a bird suit" I finished, pointing to Sam who rolled his eyes.

I turned back to Steve. "Are you just gonna stand there or can I go in?" I asked Steve. "Oh right" he replied, stepping aside so I could go in. "If anything happens, just yell" steve said. I nodded and stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

I looked around the dark room, spotting Bucky in the corner with his knees to his chest, mumbling things I couldn't make out. "Bucky?" I said softly, taking a step closer to him. His eyes didn't leave the ground or even realise I was in the room. "Bucky it's y/n" I took a step closer, hearing his mumbling slow down slightly. "Come on Buck. Wake up. Please" i said, taking one more step closer so we were only a couple feet apart.

I lowered myself to the floor, sitting down with my legs crossed. I saw his eyes leave the floor and scan over me. His expressions softened slightly at the sight of me. "Wake up James. You're ok" this caught his attention more, he took his head off his knees and looked at me. No one but me and Steve called him James.

I held my hands out, showing I wouldn't hurt him. He hesitated slightly but held his hands out, showing he wouldn't hurt me. I leaned forward, slowly intertwining my right hand with his. Bucky held my hand and looked at me for a minute. "Y/n?" He asked, his voice strained and confused. "Hi Buck" I smiled slightly. "Y/n" Bucky said, answering himself.

I moved my legs and Bucky moved up so he was sitting between them. I pulled him into a hug, he put his arms loosely around my waist, his head on my chest.

We stayed in this position for a while until Bucky pulled away, looking at me. "Why do you care about me?" He asked. I sighed slightly and looked at him. "Because you're a good person. I care for good people" I said, not really knowing what to say. "I'm not a good person though. I'm a monster y/n. I killed hundreds of people" Bucky said, a tear slipping down his cheek. "You are a good person James. You are not a monster. James Buchanan Barnes did not kill those people, the winter soldier did and that isn't you anymore. HYDRA was controlling you and you didn't know any better" I said, putting my hand on his cheek. He leaned into my hand, closing his eyes.

I stood up and held my hand out for Bucky to take. He took it and stood up, looking at me confused. "Your room or mine?" I asked. "Yours. I feel safer there" Bucky responded quietly. I nodded and walked over to the door, Buckys hand in mine as he followed. I opened the door and walked out past Steve who smiled as Sam looked at me in complete disbelief.

We walked to my room, I opened the door and Bucky went in, lying down on my bed. I closed the door and climbed into bed next to him. Once I was laying down, Bucky moved closer to me, putting his head on my chest, our hands still intertwined. I smiled slightly before closing my eyes. "Goodnight doll" Bucky said softly, kissing the back of my hand. "Goodnight" I replied kissing his head.

- - -

Steve walked in a while later to check up on you and Bucky but instead walked in to see both of you fast asleep in each other's arms. "After hundred fucking years, he finally scored" Sam smirked, standing next to steve. Steve went to 'shhh' Sam but not before Bucky could. "Shut the fuck up before I beat your face in"