Bucky||whoops?

This is the cutest thing I have saved rn. I think we all need it after endgame

Here's a little backstory for this chapter because it doesn't make sense without it and it didn't fit in anywhere with the actual story;

You and Bucky had been dating for almost 7 months. You hugged and cuddled regularly and you'd said I love you and all that. You kissed each other's cheeks and heads but you hadn't had your first proper kiss as a couple yet.

////

You and Bucky sat on the couch in the avengers compound, watching tv. You and Bucky were the only two in the whole compound. "I'm bored" Bucky whined, dragging out the 'o'. "What do you want to do then?" You asked, glancing at Bucky before turning back to the tv. "Can we cook?" Bucky asked. "I'd love to buck but I can't cook" you said but this didn't stop Bucky. "Oh, let me teach you! Ma taught me how to cook and I cooked dinner whenever she couldn't. My sisters always said it was pretty good" Bucky's voice was full of hope and you caved in. "Yeah ok. I guess being taught how to cook wouldn't hurt" you shrugged and Bucky grabbed your hands before pulling you off the couch and towards the kitchen.

After 20 minutes, you had finally decided to make a cake because it was the easiest thing you and Bucky came up with. You searched up a cake recipe and got out the ingredients. "Ok. First we need to put in flour" Bucky said, turning to you as you grabbed the flour. You opened it but upon opening it and trying to put it into the cup to measure it, you managed to spill it all over the bench. "Oops?" You said, looking at Bucky but you were happy to see he was smiling. "It's ok doll. We'll clean up later" Bucky kissed your head before helping you.

An hour or so had passed, you and Bucky had made the cake and it was currently sitting in the oven. The bench was an absolute mess after you had spilled almost every ingredient, even if I was just a little bit. "Should we clean this up now or later?" You asked Bucky, gesturing to the mess on the bench. "We should probably clean up now" Bucky sighed and grabbed something to help clean up.

Both of you cleaned up and sat on the couch to watch tv until the cake was ready. However there was a problem. Bucky had forgotten to put the timer on and the cake was starting to get a little too brown. "Can you smell something burning?" You asked Bucky but he shook his head. "No, it's just your mind playing tricks on you. Don't worry" Bucky glanced at you for a second before turning back to the tv. You ignored the smell of the burning cake.

Some time passed and now you were certain the cake was burning and you could not only smell the burning cake, but also smoke. You sat up, Bucky's arm falling off your shoulder, you looked back into the kitchen to see smoke flooding out of the oven door. "Bucky!" You screamed and jumped over the back of the couch, running into the kitchen. Oblivious to what was happening, Bucky looked around and saw the smoke. "Shit!" He yelled and ran into the kitchen after you.

In the process of you trying not to breathe in the smoke and also turn off the oven, the smoke had reached the fire alarm and now the fire alarm was going off through out the whole base. Tony had decided that the sprinklers going off after the fire alarm were useless after Thor had nearly burnt down the kitchen and he decided DUM-E was more useful. After the smoke set off the fire alarm, DUM-E came racing around the corner and into the kitchen.

Before you could scream no, DUM-E had started to extinguish the apparent fire. You and Bucky shielded your faces from the white foam. After DUM-E was satisfied that the fire was out and there was no more smoke he went back to wherever he was before, leaving you and Bucky drenched head to toe in fire extinguisher. You wiped all the foam off your face and looked at Bucky who was doing the same.

A smile spread out across your faces as you laughed a little and went to walk over to Bucky but slipped on the foam, grabbing onto Bucky as you fell and bringing him down with you. You waited for your back to hit the floor but it never came. You landed on Bucky. You opened your eyes to be met with Bucky's blue eyes looking straight back at you.

"You good?" Bucky asked you, concern lacing his voice. "I'm fine. Are you ok?" Bucky didn't say anything, just nodded. Before you could do anything, you felt Bucky's lips on yours. You kissed him back passionately before pulling away for air. That was your first kiss as a couple. "You know, this wasn't exactly how I thought our first kiss would go" you smiled as Bucky laughed, pecking your lips once more.

You went to kiss Bucky again but were stopped by someone yelling. "Barnes! L/n!" You heard Tony yell as he came around the corner. He stood in front of you, an unamused look on his face. You realised you were still on top of Bucky so you quickly stood up only to slip and fall onto your ass, next to Bucky. "What the fuck happened!?" Tony yelled again, you knew he was gonna make you and Bucky clean all of it up and you were not looking forward to it at all.

"Whoops?"