Bucky||remember

////

You dangled from the train, the snow covered cliffs below you.

"Y/n!" Bucky yelled and rushed over to you. He held out his hand to you and tried to grab you. "Grab my hand doll, I won't let you fall, I promise!" Bucky cried as he tried to grab you again.

Using all the strength you had left, you grabbed onto Bucky's hand but unfortunately Bucky was knocked by something and fell out of the train, grabbing the rail just in time.

A loud clang was heard from inside the train and seconds later, steve appeared, a worried look on his face. "Just hang on!" Steve yelled, reaching out to grab you and Bucky.

"I am hanging on Steven! What do you think I've been doing!?" You exclaimed sarcastically. This definitely wasn't the time for sarcasm but you were scared. Whenever you were put in dangerous or uncomfortable situations, you became extremely sarcastic which didn't help anyone.

Steve moved to try and grab you and Bucky again but missed. You knew Steve couldn't save both of you. One of you had to let go. You couldn't live in a world without Bucky and Steve needed Bucky more then anyone else so you had to do it, you had to let go.

"I love you James. Take care of Steve" you said, hopefully loud enough for him to hear. Bucky looked at you confused before you quickly pecked his lips and let go of the rail, falling into the abyss.

"Y/n!" Bucky and Steve cried in unison.

Just as Steve went to grab Bucky, the rail broke and Bucky fell, screaming until he hit the cliff. All Steve could do was watch. He lost his two closest friends. He watched the snow moving rapidly beneath him, hoping it was all a dream and both of you would come back. Steve knew it was real, he knew neither of you would ever come back.

Tears leaked out of his eyes as he put his head on his arms. He failed. He failed to save Bucky and y/n. He failed to keep them safe. He failed as a friend, as a person.

Steve lifted himself back into the train and continued with his mission. That's all he could do for now.

- 75 years later -

Steve still couldn't quite believe it. Bucky was alive. His best friend was alive. Bucky sat in front of him in the avengers base, Steve looked at him, lost deep in thought. "You ok Steve?" Bucky asked, snapping steve out of thought.

"What? Oh - oh yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking" steve answered and Bucky nodded.

"What're you-" Bucky was cut off by a loud siren filling the avengers base.

"What's happening steve!?" Bucky yelled over the siren. Steve stood and grabbed Bucky, running with him down one of the halls to try and find someone because he didn't know what was happening either.

They rounded a corner but stopped dead in their tracks. A person stood in front of them. They held a gun and wore all back, the hydra logo displayed in a red on their chest.

"What the fuck?" Bucky whispered to himself.

The person didn't move, only starred at the two supersoldiers. They couldn't make out the face of this person but something about them seemed oddly familiar to both Steve and Bucky.

Bucky slowly reached down to grab the gun out of the holster on his leg, steve did the same. "One, two" steve counted down quietly, watching the person that stood in front of them. "Three" steve said and they opened fire, shooting at this mysterious person. Well they tried.

The person held their arm up and the bullets hit the arm, doing no damage to the person. Did they have a metal arm as well? Bucky continued to shoot at the arm and Steve shot them in the leg.

They didn't flinch but the bullet was definitely in their skin. "Oh fuck" Bucky said and put his gun down as the person held their gun out, finger resting on the trigger.

"Steve get behind me and run when I say" Bucky realised what was happening and that this was a lot more serious then what they thought. Hydra had finally found Bucky after he went rouge 2 years ago and this person was here to kill him. Oh great.

Steve quickly stood behind Bucky just as they starting shooting. Bucky reflected the bullets with his arm and slowly walked backwards. "Ok.... and run!" Bucky yelled and took off running next to steve, the person following close behind them.

They ran through the base until steve ran outside, picking up his shield on the way out. They had managed to loose the person and stood either side of the door, waiting for them to walk out.

After a few minutes of waiting, they finally walked out of the door and Steve hit them hard in the head with his shield, sending them unconscious to the floor.

Steve and Bucky walked over to this person, standing over them. Bucky crouched down and took their mask off to reveal a woman but not any woman, y/n. The same person who fell from the train 75 years ago.

"Y/n?" Steve breathed in disbelief as Bucky sat on the ground, staring at her. "I can't believe she's alive" steve said and also sat down. Bucky sighed.

"Of course she's alive. The fall, the train. She fell only seconds before me so hydra must've found her as well. I don't remember seeing her there though" Bucky said and put his head in his hands.

"Buck, this isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for this" Steve tried to console Bucky but it didn't really help.

Bucky took his head out of his hands to look up at Steve. "I can't let her go back to Hydra. We can take her in and make her remember who she was. We can take her to Shuri if we need to. I need her back" A tear leaked out of Buckys eye as he finished talking.

"Of course Bucky, i wasn't gonna let her go anyway. We'll figure this out, don't worry" Steve said. Bucky looked at Steve again and gave him a small smile as a thank you.

They knew this wasn't going to be easy but Bucky also knew he still loved y/n and he'd do anything to get back her back. To get the love of his life back.

I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything in like 3 weeks, I've been so busy. It's the end of term so I've got tests and assignments due almost every day for the next 3 weeks so that's fun. I'll write something better when I get the time but this is all I have for now.

Comment if you want a part 2 but be prepared for me to take a while to write and publish it.

- Mia 💕