Bucky||hopelessly devoted

////

"Bucky?" You asked, looking at Bucky from where you were on the couch in the huge living room of the avengers facility. "Yes doll?" He asked, looking over at you. "Could we watch a movie? I'm sorta bored" You said as Bucky chuckled. "Sure. What movie?" He asked as you grabbed the remote.

You searched through the movies on Netflix and came across Grease, you hadn't seen the movie in years and Bucky could probably use it to understand the past decades more. "Do you wanna watch Grease?" You looked over at Bucky again, he shrugged. "I've never seen it. What's it about?" "It's from nineteen seventy-eight but it's set in the fiftys. I don't exactly know how to explain it to you but it might help you learn more about the past decades" you explained. "Yeah, put it on" Bucky said. You smiled and put on the movie, cuddling up to Buckys side as he put an arm around you.

As It started playing, you sighed and smiled. You hadn't seen this movie in years, you honestly forgot it existed.

Bucky asked questions every few minutes, the questions progressively got more and more random like; "why is her hair so big?" "Why are their pants pulled up so high?" "Why is he such a douche?" "Who's Elvis?" And so on. The one about Elvis made your jaw drop.

You sang along to all the songs as you spent a lot of time when you were younger learning the lyrics. Although you didn't know it, Bucky watched you sing along and enjoyed listening to your voice, he thought you had the voice of an angel. You were currently singing along to 'look at me I'm Sandra Dee' and Bucky managed to slip in a pick up line. "Are you from heaven, because you sound like an angel" it was cheesy and not the absolute best but you couldn't help the blush creeping up on your cheeks.

The song finished and then 5 minuets later there was another song which happened to be your favourite, 'hopelessly devoted'. Sandy started singing and after a little while Bucky felt something he hadn't felt in many years. Wanting to get up and dance. He was quite the ladies man back in the 30s and regularly took girls dancing while a tiny Steve watched from the side lines.

Bucky hesitated before deciding to get up and ask you to dance. He took his arm off you and slowly stood up, facing you and holding out his hand. "Do you wanna dance with me?" He asked, a hint of shyness in his voice. You looked up at him for a moment, shocked. You had never been asked to dance before.

You smiled brightly and nodded, taking his hand "I would love to Buck". He smiled and pulled you up, walking a few steps into the middle of the living room. His hands went to your hips as you put your arms around his neck, both of you swaying to the music.

You quickly got bored of the swaying and grabbed Buckys hands off your waist as he looked at you confused. You only smiled and interlaced your fingers before taking a step out, Bucky quickly caught on and extended his arms before bringing you back in, placing his left arm on your waist and keeping your right arm out with his in the starting position for a dance.

Bucky stepped forward and you stepped back, starting your dance. You smiled and danced around the room with Bucky. Soon enough, Bucky was spinning you every now and then, making the dance more fun. The song had ended minutes ago but neither of you cared nor were listening, too sucked into the fun you were having dancing around the room with the man you love.

As Bucky spun you out again, you couldn't help the huge grin spreading across your face. Bucky pulled you back in, noticing the smile on your lips as you continued dancing. "What're you smiling at doll?" Bucky asked. "This" You answered, the smile never leaving your face. Bucky just smiled, watching you as he danced you around.

The both of you danced for over an hour, maybe two or even three, neither of you knew. A while ago, Bucky decided to spice things up and swing dance with you, surprising himself that he even remembered how to. The dance became a lot more playful and fun, you and Buckys laughter being the only sounds in the room.

Bucky started a conversation a few minutes ago while both of you were still dancing, it had gone quiet for a few seconds so you said something. "I should teach you how to jive"  "who said I didn't know how to jive?" Bucky asked, confidently. "Me. I'm almost certain you've never jived in your life" you smiled, looking up at Bucky before he spun you around. "Oh shut up" he said playfully, stopping you before you turned again. Laughter left you lips as you continued to dance.

You danced for a while longer before your feet started to hurt. Thankfully Bucky dipped you, ending the dance. You smiled as he pulled you back up and wrapped you up in his arms, you putting your arms around his torso.

Bucky kissed your head before pulling away, giving you a chance to look at the tv. The final song of Grease was playing. What felt like five hours had barely been an hour. You giggled a little and turned back to Bucky, meeting his bright blue eyes. You loved his eyes. They were what made you swoon over him in the first place. Buckys eyes could coax you into almost anything.

"What're you looking at doll?" Bucky asked, snapping you out of your thoughts. You smiled and lightly kissed his lips. "You. Your eyes. You need to put the ocean back darling. It doesn't belong in your eyes" you joked and smiled widely. Bucky chuckled and kissed you. It was full of pure love.

You smiled into the kiss and pulled away. "I love you" you said, looking back into Buckys eyes. "I love you too. More then anything" Bucky replied, wrapping his arms around you, keeping you close to him as your arms wrapped loosely around his neck.

The two of you stayed in this position for a few minutes. Neither of you said a word as Bucky picked you up bridal style and carried you to his room to go to sleep.

You'd never felt a love like the love you have for Bucky.

You were hopelessly devoted to James Buchanan Barnes.

-