The avengers|| 99th precinct

I've been waiting so long to publish this. I really love it. I hope you do too :)

////

"No! Mr Stark, it's nothing. I swear!" Peter said into the phone. He'd been doing his "spidey business", as he liked to call it, going around New York to help people. Peter had tried to help an old lady get her purse back from a guy who just ran off with it but once he had got the purse back and given it back to the old lady, she declared that peter had stolen her purse. Peter tried to explain to the old lady that he was helping her but she insisted she call the police. Peter had no choice but to put up with it. He was in Brooklyn and not Queens so he was bound to end up at a different precinct with different police officers but the same questions and the same outcome. He knew Mr Stark would get him out of it anyway.

"Just stay put kid. I'll come and get you" Tony sighed into the phone, hanging up before peter could say anything else. "He hung up" peter said to the detective sitting in front of him. "What is he? Your dad?" The detective asked. She had told peter her name was Rosa. "Mr stark? Oh. Oh no. No. He's not my dad" peter said, slumping back into the chair. "Cool. You seem like a chill kid but I still have to put you back in the holding cell" Rosa said before standing and leading peter to the holding cell, unlocking the door to let him in before closing it behind him again.

Peter sat next to the bars in the corner of the cell, watching a very built guy draw. "What're you drawing?" He asked the guy. The guy looked at him and smiled a little before holding up the drawing proudly. "Oh, it's for my three little girls at home. Terry loves his little girls" he said and put the drawing back down, a proud smile on his face. 'Did he just refer to himself in third person?' Peter thought. "It's a great drawing, man" peter smiled before turning back and watching the guy in front of him draw invisible things on the wall.

Peter watched another detective leave his very messy desk and walk up to the holding cell. "I'm looking for "nuisance kid in red and blue pyjamas with a spider symbol"!" He yelled, looking around the cell until his eyes landed on peter. "Is that you?" He asked, pointing at peter. Peter sighed and nodded before standing up and walking to the door. The detective, who told peter his name was Jake, let peter out before locking the door again and leading peter to one of the interrogation rooms. When peter walked in, a girl was already sitting in there, neatly arranging a file. "Hi! I'm detective Amy Santiago" She said happily and reached out to shake peters hand. Peter shook her hand and sat down on the other side of the table.

"Ok kid, what'd ya' get done for?" Jake said, opening a file and reading its contents. "Stealing an old ladies purse?" He looked at peter with a raised eyebrow. Peter shook his head. "No! I saw some guy take it from her so I chased him down and got her purse back. I webbed him to the wall and got someone near to call the police. When I gave it back to her she said I stole it! I would never steal, I swear! I try to help people. That's what Mr Stark told me to do" peter said before slumping into the chair. "Yeah we know. We checked the security tapes. Just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna lie" Amy said. Peter nodded. "What now?" He asked, looking between the detectives.

A few moments of silence passed until an idea popped into Jakes head. "Ooooo! Tell us about your powers!" Jake said, scooting his chair forward. "Jake! That's not our job!" Amy hissed at Jake. "Yeah but-" he whined but Amy glared at him. "Fine" he grumbled, crossing his arms and slouching into his chair. "Ok so tell us about your powers" Amy said, excitement filled her voice. "Santiago-!" Jake said but Amy held up her finger to silence him.

'These cops weren't like the ones he normally got in Queens. These were cool cops' peter thought. He was more then happy to explain his powers. The best part? They actually listened. "Ok so on a scale of "noice" to "toit" Where do your powers sit?" Jake asked. Peter went to answer him but was interrupted by a woman opening the door. "Hi kid," she smiled at peter before looking at Jake and Amy, "a 'mr stank' is here to pick up the spider kid? And you need to get out 'cause Holt needs this room" She said, swinging on the door a little. "Do you mean Mr stark?" Peter furrowed his eyebrows at what she had called him. "No. It's Mr Stank. See, it's written on my hand. Mr Stank" she held out her hand for peter to see. Peter read the scribble and nodded. "Ok. Thank you Gina" Jake said. "Hm, you're welcome" she smiled before leaving.

Amy and Jake led peter out to where Mr stark stood, talking to another detective about shawarma. "Yes! It's so good! The flavour and the texture-" the detective said but Amy cut him off. "That's enough, Charles, thank you" she smiled. Charles smiled and nodded before saying bye to Tony and walking off. "Thanks for taking care of the kid. I'll try and keep him out of trouble" Tony said, patting peters shoulder as he nodded. "It's all good. It was fun talking to him" Jake smiled.

They said their goodbyes and Tony led peter back to the car where Happy waited, annoyed as always. Peter watched through the window as they drove away from the precinct.

Peter didn't mind the 99th precinct.

I love Brooklyn 99 so this was really fun to write