Bucky||storm

////

Your biggest fear? Storms.

You were apart of the avengers and having a huge fear of storms wasn't normally the thing you'd expect to come from an avenger.

Despite feeling stupid about your biggest fear, you hated storms and just your luck, there was a massive thunderstorm storm consuming New York and living in one of the tallest buildings in the city wasn't helping.

Thunder shook the tower and lightning light up your room as the rain pelted against the building. All you wanted to do was sleep but you were fear ridden and lied in your bed, shaking uncontrollably. You squeezed your eyes shut in hopes that sleep would come or something would drain out the noise of the storm. It did nothing.

Out of nowhere, lightning lit up your room followed by a huge crash of thunder loud enough you were almost certain that Australia could hear. The fear started to control you and as another rumble of thunder came, you screamed and burst into tears. All you wanted was for the storm to pass.

At the other end of the hall a sleepy Bucky was tossing and turning in his bed, trying to sleep but having no luck, the rain was too loud. When Bucky heard you scream, he immediately sat up in his bed and grabbed the gun from under his mattress. He got off the bed and walked down the hall to your room, gun raised just in case.

He knocked on your door as you whimpered at the sudden noise. "Y/n?" You heard Bucky call from the other side of the door. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out, the fear still had control over you.

When Bucky didn't hear you answer he took it as an indication to come in. He opened your door with his gun still raised, worried that you could be getting abducted by someone. When he saw your figure laying on the bed, visibly shaking he sighed and lowered his gun, clicking the safety back on.

As a soft and quiet cry left your lips, Bucky put his gun down on your desk near the door. He walked over to your bed cautiously, not wanting to scare you more. When Bucky saw your pale, fear ridden face in the little moonlight, his heart broke.

When you saw something move out of the corner of your eye, you looked over at it to see a dark figure standing a few feet from you. After your eyes adjusted to the dark surroundings, you realised it was Bucky. "Bucky?" You choked out, barley audible.

He walked towards you and sat on the side of your bed, grabbing your hand in his. "What's wrong doll?" He asked, worry clear in his voice. Upon hearing his voice, confirming it was actually Bucky, you sprung up and slung your arms around Buckys neck, pulling him closer to you. "Bucky" you cried into his shoulder, not letting go.

Bucky put his arms around you and pulled you onto his lap. Instinctively, you wrapped your legs around his waist, already feeling safer from being in his embrace. Bucky ran one of his hands through your hair as the other drew patterns on your back, he knew this calmed you down quicker and always used it when you got panicky.

Your breathing patterns become normal again as you sighed and cuddled closer into Bucky. "You ok doll?" Bucky asked, brushing some hair out of your face. "I think so. I just hate storms" you answered, leaning back to look at Bucky.

A huge gust of wind hammered against the side of the tower, making your window rattle and your room shake. You whimpered and pulled yourself back into Buckys chest, holding him tightly. He ran his fingers through your hair again, telling you it was ok over and over again. "Bucky, I swear to god this building is about to fall over" you said, shaking in Buckys arms. "No it won't doll. We're ok" Bucky kissed your head and continued to play with your hair.

After a while, you started to become very tired and found it harder and harder to keep your eyes open with every passing minute. "I'm tired" you mumbled into Buckys chest, closing your eyes.

Bucky didn't answer. He picked you up and lied down on your bed as you adjusted yourself, laying beside him with your head on his chest and your arms wrapped around him. Bucky put his arm around you, keeping you close to him.

You fell asleep shortly after, unable to keep your eyes open any longer. Bucky heard your breathing become shallow, telling him you had fallen asleep. He ran his fingers through your hair and kissed your head, whispering things he loved about you but was too afraid to say it to your face.

Although you were asleep, you heard him and remembered the things he was saying to ask him about them in the morning because you were falling for him too. You waited to wake up and tell him all the things you loved about him. Maybe you'd even find the courage to ask him out but for now you lied asleep in his arms, perfectly content with were you were and having no desire to be anywhere else. You felt safe in Buckys arms, you wanted to stay here for the rest of whatever time you had left.