Chapter 3

We sat at a round table. The table was a large touch screen device. Currently it showed a map of Ireland, where we are (we are more specifically in Northern Ireland), but it could be changed to show any map or any application.

I sat in my father's old chair. "I will not let you down papa" I whispered quietly under my breath.

"We must not allow for this attack to be like the last, Alpha. Many lives were lost"

"I know general. It will not be a repeat of last time. It will be a over a thousand against a couple hundred hunters. We'll win. The only lives lost will not be of our kind" I said this bluntly. Generally, my general thought I was incompetent, that I knew nothing and he was better as he was twice my age.

"General, the alpha, Hudson and I will make sure everyone is safe. Now, we need to plan attacks, defences. Backup attacks and defences. We need plans A through to Z".

I choose Gavin to be my gamma for two reasons. One: he was my father's gamma's son and we both lost our fathers to the rouges during the same attack and two: he had a strange fascination with death and war, safety and preventative measures, he was strong and agile. He was the perfect gamma.

"Gavin, do you have any suggestions of what we can do to protect our pack?" He nodded, filling me with hope.

He began telling us different was to protect everyone, we typed them into a word document on the table. Ideas ranged from training everyone how to fight and use a weapon to seeking help from witches.

We sat in the room for hours discussing plans but I made the general leave and return to his mate and children.

It was late by the time we finished talking defence strategies. "I'm sorry for keeping you so late. I'm just worried you know" they both nodded.

As we headed out of the, I stopped in my tracks. The smell of vanilla, strawberries and coconut surrounded me. Mate. My eyes became a brighter green, my cheeks turned red.

Gavin and Hudson stopped outside the door and saw me standing there. I noticed Gavin starting to sniff the air.

He's unmated. He's our mate Lou. Katie was getting restless. There is no way he's my mate. I've known him my entire life.

I have read about this happening. Being mates to someone unknowingly until something happens. I couldn't believe it.

He's eyes became a brighter blue and he cheeks reddened, just like what happened to me.

"Mate" we both said. Hudson started at us and we looked at each other in awe. I can't believe I've found my mate at 17.

(Gavin's POV)
After a long meeting with Louise and Hudson, we finally finished. "I'm sorry for keeping you so late. I'm just worried you know" Louise had worry filling her voice.

We headed to leave. Me and Hudson got out the door and turned to find Louise standing there not moving. Her eyes were bright green and her cheeks red.

I could smell the desirable smell of the beach, vanilla and roses.  I began sniffing the air. We're mated to the alpha, bro, my wolf, paddy told me. It can't be I've known her my whole life.

I didn't think it was possible. I just wanted to run to her and claim her as my own.

"Mate" we said it at the same time.

I heard Hudson walk away, so I decided to walk over to her and she did the same.

"I can't believe it, Louise. Is it even possible?" She nodded shyly and seeming regretful at the same time.

"What's wrong?" She shook her head. "Nothing. It's just this is extremely rare and something usually happens, a bad something. Any past situations I've read about this happening, one or both mates went crazy."

This upset her greatly. I gave her a comforting hug but in response she turned away and fled.

"Louise!" I called after her but it had no effect. Don't go after her. Give her space. Her parents were mates the same way you two are. Unknowing mates. I had no clue who was telling me this. A female wolf. Who are you? I asked but I felt this new she-wolf leave.

(Louise's POV)
This can't be happening. I was glad I found my mate and that it was someone as nice as Gavin, but I don't want to go crazy like my mother had started to.

Relax, don't worry. Unlike your mother the moon goddess chose you. Your special, love. A male wolf?

Where's Katie? Who are you? I questioned this wolf, not knowing who he was.

Paddy's my name and Katie's with Gavin. You need to trust us nothing will happen to you because your a moon. Moon's are special, believe that. I felt him leave and Katie return. She lay down and went to sleep. Unbelievable.

I went up to the forth floor, the first floor of my living space. I went to the kitchen and made chicken and mash potatoes. I love mash. After making the chicken, I went upstairs and into my room.

My room was large and luxurious. It was black, white and grey in colour. It has loads it has a walk-in wardrobe ensuite bathroom and a couple of side rooms. The main room itself only held a king-size bed with bedside tables, shelves, a vanity and a large flatscreen TV.

I walked over to my black and white bed and sat on it. As I lay on my bed, I turned on the TV and watched The Vampire Diaries. I was on season 5 episode 14.

I ate my food, undisturbed until I heard banging on my door downstairs. I quickly turned off the TV and reached for the silver baseball bat with a wooden handle that I kept underneath my bed.

I quietly walk to the door, bat in hand. I heard the door open and someone walk in. "LOUISE!" I heard the intruder yelled. I opened my bedroom door and looked out to see who it was.

I stepped out onto the upstairs landing. The floor board creaked. The intruder walked towards the stairs. "Louise is that you?" I recognise the voice now. "What do you want Gavin?" I asked as I walked over to the top of the staircase.

"Is this because I left you in AQ battle?" I walked down stairs, bat still in hand.  "Put down the bat Louise. I know your mother went crazy because of her mate bond but that..."

I interrupted him "How do you know about my mother? I never told anyone. Me and my wolf are the only ones....". I just realised "she visited you and told you didn't she?" He tilted his head and furrowed his brows in confusion "who?"

"Paddy talked to me and told me Katie, my wolf talked to you. She told you about my mother, didn't she?" Now he understood "yes". That's all he had to say, just yes. "I'm sorry and I understand now why you are worried about this happening to you or me"

I dropped the bat and walked over to him. I stood with my head in his chest and started quietly crying, "I'm... more...worried...about it...happening to...you" I managed in between sobs.

"Why me? I'll be fine Lou" he tried reassuring me but I know what can happen. I slowly stopped crying and stood up straight. "We don't know that for sure but its less likely for me as an Alpha Moon. The chances for you are lowered slightly since you being of a gamma bloodline."

I walked up and into my bedroom and put the silver bat away and grabbed the empty plate. When I went back downstairs he was gone and the door was ajar. He left K, Katie was asleep, the lazy mutt.

As I put away my plate I heard noise from upstairs. I wonder what it is.