Chapter 23

I lay on my bed, thinking I was such a fool for bringing up the mating process considering this is the longest we've been together in at least 16 months.

I lay facing the wall opposite the door when I heard the door open and Gavin walk in before sitting down on the bed beside me. "Louise look I - Louise can you look at me?" I rolled over so I now faced him, he grabbed my hand, "I want people to see the Alpha mate mark on our hands and for people to see your mark on my neck. I've wanted to do the ritual since we discovered we were mates but I did want to bring it up I wanted you to so I knew you were ready."

I sat up straight and took ahold of his hand and pressed my hand against his. I created an illusion of our Alpha mate marks. When I pulled my hand away, I looked straight into his eyes, "I want this." And pointed to mark before making it disappear.

That night was the first night we slept together in the same bed and I knew we were ready.

The next day, I woke up before Gavin so I decided to go see my family. I pulled on a cherry red jumper, oversized black leggings and black, heeled ankle boots. I didn't want to wake Gavin so I teleported out of my living quarters.

Once I stood at the top of the stairs, I heard several people dancing quietly coming from downstairs. I went down stairs and saw Zack standing suspiciously. "Zack what are you doing? Your not a morning person, unless that's changed in 11 years."

He shook his head, "I'm doing nathin'" he stood attempting to cover the triplets room. "Mhm then why are you covering the door?" He shrug his shoulders, step forward and kicked the door, "Louise you can now enter the room."

I pushed open the door and saw Nick and Emmet. "Why have you been dancing?" I looked straight at Emmet. He shook his head, "we have not. What made you think of that?" I crossed my arms, before pointing at Emmet's feet, "you're wearing Jazz shoes."

He began to slowly remove the dance shoes with his feet before kicking them behind the bed Nick was sitting on. "You two have never danced before, why start now? And Zack you can come into the room." I shouted out to Zack who hadn't yet come in.

"Can't tell you that sis. It'll ruin the surprise." Zack said as he walked through the door. "Let me guess, Gavin has told you what I came down here to tell you and your doing the traditional brothers and sisters dance?"

I looked at the triplets to see their reaction, both Zack and Emmet stood completely shocked at my guess before quickly trying to hid it. Nick, however, sat there unfazed, nodding his head. "You were always the smartest, Lou."

To all their surprise, I teleported back into my room where Gavin now sat in bed, awake. "You told my family? Why would you tell MY family?" It didn't take him long to realise what I was annoyed about. "I only told Nick, Emmet and Zack because I needed someone to tell and I didn't tell Hudson or anyone else cause I knew you wanted to do it but I had to tell someone sorry Louise."

"But why did it have to be my brothers? Huh? Why couldn't you have told Mary-Louise? Your sister?" I felt Kate pushing against my mind, she wanted me to shift Louise give me control I can help

I gave in to Kate, my eyes turned violet and I turned into my grey wolf. I growled at Gavin before opening the door (with magic) and running out. I ran until I got to Hudson's door. I quietly howled and scratched a spot on the door; the same spot I always scratched when I was in wolf form. After a while Jennifer came to the door.

"Louise what do we owe the pleasure?" She asked. I opened my mouth to respond before closing it. I heard a little faint heartbeat as well as Jennifer's. "I have something to tell you and Hudson and also congratulations!" She looked at me confused as if I had two heads; "Congratulations on what?" She didn't know.

"Can I come in first? Is Hudson here?" She nodded still a bit confused. I walked in and Kate has now given me control; I now only had one purple eye instead of two. As I walked in I was met by Steven, their youngest; soon to be second youngest. "Hiya Lou" he greeted me, a grin spread across his face, from ear to ear. "Wanna go for a ride on my back later?" He nodded eagerly, I knew he enjoyed running around with me. For an alpha I was more relaxed and casual more so with the younger wolves in the pack.

We walked into their living room and they took a seat on the sofa and I sat in front of the TV. "So what is it that you have to tell us?" Hudson questioned. "Gavin and I have decided to start the mating ritual like we were supposed to do a year ago."

Then I got up and walked over to Jennifer. Once I sat down once again I started listening for the faint heart beat of their unborn child. I sat and listened and like before I heard the faint bu-bum bu-bum of a heart beat but unlike last time I now heard a second faint heartbeat.

"So why did you say 'congratulations' earlier?" Jennifer asked. I looked her straight in the eye and said only one word. "Twins." Hudson turned his head to the side in confusion and Jennifer shook her head. "Louise that isn't possible. I haven't gone into heat in 6 years."

I shook my head, "But you are defiantly having twins, listen." They both put their ears in the direction of Jennifer's stomach. 

"That's not possible!" She said with wide eyes. Suddenly I had a realisation "What if they aren't yours per say. What if a dying witch transferred her unborn children to you." Hudson then immediately stood up, walked around the sofa and left the room; his body language showed that he knew something and that something was completely wrong.