Chapter 7

My jaw dropped. The moon goddess is standing before me. I quickly dropped to one knee and bowed. "Moon goddess what do i this visit?" My head remained lowered out of respect until she touched my head, a sign that I can stand.

"My child, you showed kindness to ones who have been shown undeserving of it. The wolves you showed kindness, ones you thought were in danger tried to kill you" She never told me this before. The rogues tried to kill me.

I raised my hand to my mouth and started playing with my lip. "An alpha is supposed to protect their back and I just brought danger to it. Why did you make me alpha?" We began to walk towards the pack house and one thing I noticed about Luna was that she seemed proud of me not disappointed.

"I made you alpha because I saw a strong independent young girl, who would face hardships but would always do what was best for her pack and others and she would always stay true to herself."

She looked at my like a mother would to her child, "And when you made the alpha of the chagrin pack give away his title and forbid him from this land you made the chagrin pack so much better as well as that you protected all the packs here from his unkindness, rudeness and boastfulness."

I can't believe the moon goddess is congratulating me. When we got back to the pack house, we went to my living quarters.

"I have something to ask you" I said as we sat on my light grey sofa. "What is it my dear?" She spoke kindly and motherly. "Why can't I remember my mate and why couldn't I speak earlier?"

She laughed slightly at my question. "A witch cursed your mother's ring which you now wear. The ring made your mother go insane and it hurt you father but to you the ring made you forget the most important thing. Your mate. As for the no talking that was me."

She stopped me from talking why would she do that? "I did it so you wouldn't tell people that you saw me. I have learned that wolf kind will not believe if someone claims to have seen me and they can become an outcast or rogue or whatever. I just needed to speak with you first."

Then she disappeared before my eyes and I had no clue what to think. I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to find Hudson, my beta. I was glad the cursed ring didn't make me forget everyone. "Hi Hudson. Come in." He walked in and the first thing he said was "what did you do?"

I was taken back by his question "I haven't done anything, I've been unconscious for I don't know how long, then I can't speak and I can't remember the person who is apparently my mate!" I yelled at him, I had no clue what has happened. "You were in a coma all day because you trusted rogues. YOU LET THEM INTO OUR PACK! You were supposed to protect our pack not help destroy it." And with that he left.

I hadn't paid attention to the pack when I made my way back to the house. I don't know what's going on. I decided to go out to the pack to see what the rogues had done.

As soon as I got outside the smell of death surrounded me, a smell I didn't notice before. When I looked at my pack I saw the bodies of my pack members and rogues alike. There was more dead rogues than members of my pack but I couldn't think for the life of me how I didn't see it before.

I saw the little girl from before, "what happened to my pack?" I was almost at the point of tears. "The rogues wanted you dead so they could take over. The rogues used me, a Victorian witch, to render you vulnerable. I didn't want to. They made me. I.."

I interrupted her speaking when I saw the man who was apparently my mate. "I'm so sorry I don't know who you are. I truly am." He walked over to me and brought me into a warm embrace. "It's ok. I'll be with you and I'll love you until you remember me. Ok?"

I nodded. I couldn't believe that this man still wanted to be with me even though I didn't know who he was. "You have a week until tradition says we must marry if you are really my mate." He showed me the ring on his hand and I instantly recognised it as my dad's.

"Ok. In a week we shall marry and from now until then I'll help you with the wedding and help you remember me. You can leave Hudson in charge." I grabbed his hand and took him up to my room.

He sat on my bed and I closed the door. Locking it. "I'm going to ask you questions so I can get to know you, ok?" He nodded taking my hand pulling me onto the bed.

It started off easy, simple and short with questions like favourite colour, favourite food and animal etc. Then I moved onto hobbies and about his family and his plans for the future.

Throughout the questions I began remembering things about him on my own. Slowly and only very small memories with him. I began to learn to love him again. After an hour or so I asked my last question. "Finally, on days when I'm down, sick or just wanting you to be there what will you do?"

"This." He laid down, took my hand and pulled me gently down to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me tight with my head on his chest. "Then we'll watch whatever you want." He whispered in my ear.

I quickly then got up, left the bed and went into my bathroom. I had very suddenly got an excoriating headache. It felt as if something was being pushed out against my skull but something was trying to keep it in.

I stayed there until the pain subsided, then I went back into the room to Gavin, before quickly having to leave again as the pain returned. I ran out of my living space, down all the stairs and out of the pack house and out into the open where people were still clearing up rogue bodies.

I continued to run and as I ran I shifted into my wolf. I gave Katie control and we ran into the forest.
------------------------------------
Moon Goddess - Zendaya
Louise - Selena Gomez
Gavin - Sebastian Stan
Elizabeth - Ariana Greenblatt
Hudson - Chris Pine