Prologue

3rd Person POV

"There is a myth about the birth of supernatural creatures. It's been around long before the first supernatural war, long before there were any supernatural at all actually.

In the myth it tells about a world where born from the Darkness was a monster, and in the Light of it came a beast.

The story goes like this:

The shadows, Darkness itself crept wherever the Light shone. It always followed; the Light was no exception.

One just couldn't exist without the other.

They both yearned for one another yet their kinds were never meant to intertwine but forever relish in the presence left when they slowly switch place as if chasing the other.

Suddenly, a monster was born from the shadows of the Darkness.

The Darkness had taken a form of a handsome man to pursue the light he yearned so much. Unfortunately when the monster tried to touch the Light, it had burned him and he retreated back into the night in complete utter shock and sorrow.

It had taken the reaction as rejection and the Darkness of night became a nightmare for all living things. Just because the monster took the form of a man, he was anything but.

He had no humanity, just an uncontrollable thirst.

The Light had shone upon the evil deeds the Darkness left behind, and mourned as each day repeated.

The monster was hurting, felt betrayed, and most of all, alone in the dark. He survived off the Darkness, living only to watch the one thing that has ever made it crave.

It craved for the Light.

The loneliness fueled the monster's craving, so much so, it tried ways to sate the craving. Eventually it did. Human blood: nurtured from the Light and surviving off it. It just made the monster crave more since one human's pin of blood wasn't enough.

A few cycles passed before the Light had done something that had thrown the world off balance. The humans say it was to put balance back into the world, but whether it was good or bad, it was not intentional.

When the monster had tried to touch the Light, something from it sparked to life.

Slowly, as the darkness chased after the sun, there was something hung high in the night sky. It grew with time.

The monster would look up into the Darkness and stare at the small thin crescent line grow in size. Until one cycle it formed a huge circle. The monster bathed under the soft glow that illuminated the night. It was then he realized what it was.

We call it the moon, but to the monster it was its creation. A permanent reminder of his rejection; and with the reality that in the Light where shadows formed they were the same as the ones it was born from, it made him scowl. He didn't hesitate to reject the moon.

The monster ignored the moon and continued to satisfy its cravings even if he knew he'll never really be satisfied.