Chapter 2

Katie's POV

I threw myself onto the bed, visibly cringing at the springy creaks it makes.

"Don't break the bed now!" Rose jumps onto the other bed in the room laughing heartily.

It's been almost a month since we've been on bus after bus, sleeping until it comes to the farthest it can go before jumping into another.

Rose sighs in content, flipping on her side propping an arm up to hold her head to stare at me. "We're officially in the middle of nowhere in some run down motel. We still have a lot of cash to burn, but what is it? Why did we suddenly stop?"

I prolong answering by mimicing her position. Sighing in defeat when she continues to curiously stare at me with her hypnotizing eyes I ask, "Don't you feel it?"

"Feel what?" Rose looks at a loss.

"We're in another pack's territory."

I smile at how my friend comically jumps up from the bed and shrieks, "What?! Why didn't you tell me before we entered?"

I groan, lying back down to face the ceiling.

I'm really tempted to hit her on the back of the head for being an oblivious red head. It's a good thing she has other friend worthy traits to make up for it.

"Even if you haven't shifted yet, I thought you would have felt it, you airhead."

"I'm not an airhead!"

"Besides there's nothing we can do, the last bus took us all the way into the territory and there were no stops from there to here in between. It's not our fault, alright?"

"Not our fault!" Rose roars. "That doesn't matter! Not all Alphas and their packs are understanding and will let us cross Katie! Father wasn't!"

I snap my head towards her and she automatically clamps her mouth shut. "That man is not my father," I say through gritted teeth, Rose remains silent. "And if this bastard has a problem with us crossing his territory, then we'll back track and turn a different direction. So. Calm. Down."

"But Katie," Rose finally finds her voice; found a reason to her freaking out, "aren't we rogues now?"

My eyes soften at the fear bubbling up inside the dark blue pools of my only friend. Indeed we are rogues, and I know more of what's in store for us; know what all territorial werewolves will do to rogues whom trepass their land.

It's a known fact in the werewolf world that no rogues are ever welcomed to the land unless they're welcomed to the pack by none other than the Alpha.

I know what happens to female rogues, seen it, and never want to end up like that; don't want Rose to end up like that.

"Don't worry," I reassure her, "I won't let anyone hurt you."

And I mean it. Rose knows I mean it. We've been together since we were little and I would do everything for this girl because we're more than just friends.

Rose bites her bottom lip and nods.

I know she feels bad for what she's done to me, keeps doing to me. She'll just have to live with that feeling for the rest of her life because I can't live without her.

I smile at the thought and pat the empty space beside me. "Come here, let's go sleep."

Rose nods her head again and rushes to my arms cuddling with me for the night. And if she was crying, I only whispered sweet nothings into her ears.

***

The next morning we packed our belongings. Not much. Just a regular school shoulder bag filled with four pairs of clothes (not including the ones we're wearing), and the necessities needed for teenage girls and other things to get by.